Volume Two, Show Four.

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Just hours after Team Summit has wrapped up, were back with our forth episode of this season. Scott and Bob cover details or the lack of details about the Meet and Greet with Charlie and Eric at Team Summit. While we’re on the Team Summit we cover all the exciting products that were announced at Team Summit. Next, we change gears with some DirecTV news about our Single Wire Multi-switch review. To wrap things up, Scott wraps up the podcast with all the latest news about what exactly happened with Voom. As always Vote for us at Podcast Alley!
Dial Up Users click here for a Real Audio feed!

Attachments

• satguys051908.mp3
    15.4 MB · Views: 1,612
Thanks again for another podcast.

The audio seems to have leveled off a bit and I can listen to it at work without turning the volume up and down as each of you take turns talking. It sure makes it more enjoyable to listen to. Did you make any changes Bob?

Now the only thing I can think of that needs to change is the length of the podcast! I find myself wanting it to keep going. (Even though most of the content I already know because I read the forums religously each day. But it is good to know that if something comes up, I can easily catch up with a summary of the most important items of the week, very quickly by listening to the podcast.)

It would also be nice if there was a way to add a feature to the Forums so members could vote on different threads that they would like to have discussed. Then both of you could discuss any issues or thoughts on those higher voted threads. Perhaps this could provide you with further content to discuss on your podcast. Just an idea.

Thanks again for the podcast! :)

To Scott's and Bob's comments about Voom, I suspect that Voom had no choice but to request the takedown of the last 5 Voom channels, as they believe they are in the right (even if they are not), and wish to reach the resolution they prefer, or to battle this out in court. It seems to me that Voom defacto agrees to new terms by allowing part of their suite to remain on-air. Voom wants the original agreement to continue by not placing it in the Ultimate HD package. E* does not want that, moreover, they only want 5 at most. I feel that the takedown of the final 5 was surely advised by Voom's lawyers and is part of the legal wrangling that is undoubtedly going on now.

Is it just me, or does BOB always hear the music before it actually starts?

Well, Scott, that's Music playing, you know what that means......

Begin Music..... :p

"A woman's channel with Art". Where the heck did that sexist comment come from? Art is synonymous with a woman? I know where you're going with that, but to place a label of "woman" or whatever is just wrong. GalleryHD was my favorite Voom channel. The "Private Life of a Masterpiece" or "Art of the Heist" shows they aired were on par with anything that Smithsonian or Discovery would put on; hardly a "woman's channel."

I liked your podcast overall. Those last comments put a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm not a big podcast listener. I almost didn't even see this latest edition until I found it mentioned in another thread. These are great synopsis and summaries of issues/the latest in Sattellite guys. You really should post that on the main page each time.

Thanks again for another podcast.

The audio seems to have leveled off a bit and I can listen to it at work without turning the volume up and down as each of you take turns talking. It sure makes it more enjoyable to listen to. Did you make any changes Bob?

Now the only thing I can think of that needs to change is the length of the podcast! I find myself wanting it to keep going. (Even though most of the content I already know because I read the forums religously each day. But it is good to know that if something comes up, I can easily catch up with a summary of the most important items of the week, very quickly by listening to the podcast.)

It would also be nice if there was a way to add a feature to the Forums so members could vote on different threads that they would like to have discussed. Then both of you could discuss any issues or thoughts on those higher voted threads. Perhaps this could provide you with further content to discuss on your podcast. Just an idea.

Thanks again for the podcast! :)

Yep I turned Scott up and I turned me down! :) I'll take a look into that or you can open a thread for sugestions here in this forum on what you want us to talk about. We are allways open to suggestions, comments and want your listening experiance to be the best it can be.

To Scott's and Bob's comments about Voom, I suspect that Voom had no choice but to request the takedown of the last 5 Voom channels, as they believe they are in the right (even if they are not), and wish to reach the resolution they prefer, or to battle this out in court. It seems to me that Voom defacto agrees to new terms by allowing part of their suite to remain on-air. Voom wants the original agreement to continue by not placing it in the Ultimate HD package. E* does not want that, moreover, they only want 5 at most. I feel that the takedown of the final 5 was surely advised by Voom's lawyers and is part of the legal wrangling that is undoubtedly going on now.

Well, I dont think they had to. They could have chose to keep them up there. With out getting into specifics. Voom was the one who ultimatly chose to take down the 5. Echostar was in the right. While it could have been a decishion by vooms lawers, that decishion is going to cost them. Voom is dead in the water. You also could be right. We really dont know because voom hasnt communicated with us.

Is it just me, or does BOB always hear the music before it actually starts?

Well, Scott, that's Music playing, you know what that means......

Begin Music..... :p

Actually, we dont hear any music. That's our que that there is 50 seconds left in the show. Most of the time I give the que but scott has given it to me too :)

"A woman's channel with Art". Where the heck did that sexist comment come from? Art is synonymous with a woman? I know where you're going with that, but to place a label of "woman" or whatever is just wrong. GalleryHD was my favorite Voom channel. The "Private Life of a Masterpiece" or "Art of the Heist" shows they aired were on par with anything that Smithsonian or Discovery would put on; hardly a "woman's channel."

I liked your podcast overall. Those last comments put a bitter taste in my mouth. I'm not a big podcast listener. I almost didn't even see this latest edition until I found it mentioned in another thread. These are great synopsis and summaries of issues/the latest in Sattellite guys. You really should post that on the main page each time.

The comment wasnt meant to be sexist. It was meant to give an example of content that could air on a channel geared twards women. I agree that Art can appeal to men also. We just wanted to give an example of channels that voom mash together to make one channel.

I listened to the Podcast and heard me describing the upcoming Dish Network ViP722s receiver (the one with built in Sling Technology) and man after hearing me describe it again I REALLY REALL want one. :D

I listened to the Podcast and heard me describing the upcoming Dish Network ViP722s receiver (the one with built in Sling Technology) and man after hearing me describe it again I REALLY REALL want one. :D
Me too. Good Podcast. I have been reading up on SlingCatcher in the Sling site.* I am really looking forward too for the* recording four things at the same time (2 Sat and 2 OTA)* feature. I use three at a time now quite often.* Wife keeps me busy with the timers. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)