Volume Two, Show Twelve

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
I'm thinking I disagree with you Scott on your criticsm of D*'s hardware. It has come a long way, and after having both services, I just dont think there's that big of a difference any longer... at least in how I use my HR21.

The guide/speed issues have improved drastically, espcially with the latest CE. Is it quite there with the 6222/722? Unfortunately, not yet. The onDemand features work well and i've never had recording issues that some people claim.

One thing I DO prefer with D*'s equipment is the fact when I try to schedule a recording it will prompt me as to which program I want to cancel if both tuners will be in use. This is sloppy with E. You have to rearrange priorities. This makes it move Tivo-like and easier to use. I missed this capability after dropping D years ago when I had a Tivo.

In one of the podcast's a few weeks ago we talked about E*'s 1080P. While I have not seen E*'s 1080P selections, I can not comment on how good it looks. Right now 1080P is still in testing mode for D*, and sence it was released to CE subs last week we talked about how good it looked so you can be informed to check it out if your a CE sub and report your results. We will be talking more about E*'s 1080P VOD in the future so stay tuned. :)

Well you got me trying very hard to find the 1080p show on my D* HDDVRs without any success. Any ETA on a non-CE box?

While I agree the D* HDDVR features are getting better, the slowness of the remote and guide is a major piss. If the lastest CE has solved it, then let it out already.

Well you got me trying very hard to find the 1080p show on my D* HDDVRs without any success. Any ETA on a non-CE box?

While I agree the D* HDDVR features are getting better, the slowness of the remote and guide is a major piss. If the lastest CE has solved it, then let it out already.

There was a report in the D* forum that a non CEr was able to see channel 1080 and download the movie.. if you go to schedule a on demand recording through D*'s website you can get it that way, that is how most people got it.

I'm thinking I disagree with you Scott on your criticsm of D*'s hardware. It has come a long way, and after having both services, I just dont think there's that big of a difference any longer... at least in how I use my HR21.
There are still issues that need to be fixed. Blank recordings being a big one. But yes they have come a long way with the HR series over the past few years.

Of course I can remember when DirecTV receivers were rock solid and the Dish Receivers sucked. :)

Boy do I remember back then . It was about 4 years ago I think. The old 721s I used to have would lose their mind and wipe the hard drive clean , when ever you least expected it. But no dvr fees back then either. The receivers have definately improved starting with the 522 and name based recording. I don't know how I ever got by without nbr. Before the 522 all we had was digital vcrs. The new 622/722 dvrs are the best out there and put Directv dvrs to shame. I can't wait to get the new 722K or 722S models , which ever comes out first. IT will be so COOL to be able to record 2 ota/2sat at the same time. The new sling media features in the 722S will be nice as well. I am hoping that you can really sling an hd or sd picture to another tv in your house. THis will be nice for my parents who use a audio/video sender/receiver now for their back bedroom.

You need to sync it to your iphone within itunes.. you subscribe via itunes, then you click on your iphone via the devices tab on the left. then click on the podcasts tab, and you can sync selected podcast or all of them. Under the list should be satelliteguys.us if you want only selected podcasts. Otherwise click ok. Unplug your iphone and plug it back in. As Itunes see's your iphone it will sync the podcast. from there you can listen on your phone at any time after sync by touching the ipod function on your iphone, then touch more, then touch podcast, then touch the satelliteguys logo, then touch the show.

When ever there is a new episode, when you open itunes, it should automatically update it. after download, when ever you resync your phone, I tunes will automatiaclly sync it to your iphone or ipod.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)