Volume Two, Show Two

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

goaliebob99

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
-.-. .... .. -.-. .- --. ---
Welcome to the Satelliteguys.us Pod cast. This week Scott and Bob open the show with some Dish Network HD rumors including a couple of candidate channels we could see launched between now and Team Summit. We also cover the Directv's coverage of the French Open coming in a couple of weeks. We finally wrap things up over both providers launching DRM on the PPV channels at the request of Hollywood and AMC 14's crazy story gets even crazier. Remember you can download our pod cast for later viewing by clicking here for more info and you can vote for us at Podcast alley by clicking here! Enjoy the show, and we will see you real soon!

Dial up users click here!

Attachments

• 050408satguys.mp3
    10.3 MB · Views: 8,969
Nice job again guys. "Changing" gears huh? Hmmm....

Switching Gears
A Satelliteguys.us Podcast

I enjoy listening to the podcast, I usually listen to it Mondays at work.. though it is a bit difficult and a hassle. The problem is, it is hard to hear.... I have to keep turning it up, then turning it down. The intro and also Bob come in loud and clear, Scott is a bit low. The volume is not consistent through out the podcast. Is there anyway to keep the volume level through out?

I enjoy listening to the podcast, I usually listen to it Mondays at work.. though it is a bit difficult and a hassle. The problem is, it is hard to hear.... I have to keep turning it up, then turning it down. The intro and also Bob come in loud and clear, Scott is a bit low. The volume is not consistent through out the podcast. Is there anyway to keep the volume level through out?

I have that same problem when Im listening it in my Iphone

The Volume is consistant, I think its more voice dynamics than anthing else. When I edit and put the podcast packages together the voices (mine and Scotts) hit the same spot on the leveler every time. I also Normalize the podcast wich brings the audio levels to the same level as extra insurance. Listening through my built in gatway speakers in my notebook everything sounds fine, as well through my headphones. Have you tryed listening in a diffrent enviroment?

I have listened at home as well... sounds the same there... though I don't have to worry quite as much. When at work, and you are trying to listen without others being able to hear or disturbed.. it's a pretty big pain.... in order to hear Scott, the volume must be turned up at least a few notches. Then when you speak or the music plays, it is way too loud..... therefore, I can not listen without my hand being on the volume.

Another instance is when you play any sort of sound clip... it is louder than Scott speaking as well.

I think the volume sounds the same on everything, except when Scott is speaking.

Have you tried listening in a different environment to test it out?

BTW, I am not using any software program to listen to the podcast directly, I am listening to it directly from Opera.

Bob, sounds like u have the mic too close to ur mouth, try backing away from that baby just a tad!! :)

I would but im allready a few feet from the mic :) If I back away you wont hear me :p. The way I have my setup the mic sits on a desk next to my notebook so its far away from my mouth. Its like lettermens mic on his show, or jay's mic on his desk.

Holy sh*t did we get featured on Bubba?

Nope. They did some other garbage.

Keep submitting, they do it every week. They'd probably pick on the podcast as that is their schtick for show but the publicity would be awesome. I know they had one guy a while back calling in talking about his podcast.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)