VOOM $49 Special Lease Offer Installation Starts Today!

Sean Mota

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
New York City
Special Offer from 8/23/04 - 9/30/04 service activation must occur by 10/17/04

First Receiver $49. 2nd and 3rd $0 4th through 6th $50. and one year contract agreement. Cancellation fee $250. With one package. Unlimited upgrade packages but one downgrade package per billing cycle.

BTW I should add that this offer may only be available from your local VOOM Retailer and not through the 1-800-GET-VOOM number.

For a list of you local VOOM dealers please CLICK HERE

Scott Greczkowski said:
BTW I should add that this offer may only be available from your local VOOM Retailer and not through the 1-800-GET-VOOM number.

For a list of you local VOOM dealers please CLICK HERE

OK...what is wrong with this picture??

From the above

Sears 1142
8301 FLYING CLOUD DR, EDEN PRAIRIE, MN 55344-5381
13.31 miles

2 Sears 1132
14250 BUCK HILL RD, BURNSVILLE, MN 55306-4925
19.4 miles

3 House of Chang
(952) 476-4647
14920 Woodruff Road, Wayzata, MN 55391
22.92 miles

HUH?

Yes I'd like some kung pow chicken and a Voom installation :D

Sean Mota said:
Special Offer from 8/23/04 - 9/30/04 service activation must occur by 10/17/04

First Receiver $49. 2nd and 3rd $0 4th through 6th $50. and one year contract agreement. Cancellation fee $250. With one package. Unlimited upgrade packages but one downgrade package per billing cycle.
is this ownership? cant be, must be rental.

WOW! I wonder if this comes with the 30" dish and MPEG-4/WM9 plug-in module? Well, it looks like VOOM is going to get more subscribers...who aren't going anywhere soon.

I'll take my VOOM order with a large Peking Duck and a side of Lo Mein. :)

Please verify the fine print: Is it still $5/receiver/month + $9.90/month lease/receiver?

Sounds odd. You pay something up front just to lease it and have a one year committment. On a lease????

Neutron said:
Sounds odd. You pay something up front just to lease it and have a one year committment. On a lease????

Seems like the upfront charge is for installation

They need to do this even through the 1-800-GET-Voom channel, sound ludicrous to not start locking people into a contract. Major smart move by Voom. I swear I believe this forum somehow influences Voom.

Still, a one year committment and an early term fee on leasing satellite equipment? DISH doesn't do this.

Their leasing program doesn't require a one year committment and an early term fee. They used to but not anymore.

I'm not by any means trolling, especially since I have Directv and not DISH, but this lease deal with Voom doesn't make sense.

Wait it minute I was in a DISH home plan that required a payment if you fall out the one year commitment.

True that now they don't require it but they used. I do not think VOOM can afford to have the no commitment option. Too many people wanting to see what it is to just leave in less than two months.

Neutron said:
Their leasing program doesn't require a one year committment and an early term fee. They used to but not anymore.

I'm not by any means trolling, especially since I have Directv and not DISH, but this lease deal with Voom doesn't make sense.

My parents have Dish and they got into a 3 room deal with a 2 year commitment at that time.

Here is the actual VOOM promotion that started today:
These deals requires a 1 yr. programming commitment.

1. Purchase option;
Subscribe to any VOOM programming package of at least standard package for $49.90/per mo. and get a one room HD VOOM system installed for $349.99. That's a savings of $150.00.

Additional receivers can be added for only $249.99, that's a 50.00 savings per additional receiver for up to 2 additional HD STB's. To take advantage of this offer to subsidize these additional receivers you must agree to a 1 yr. programing package of VA VA VOOM or higher.

2. Lease option;
Get the same $150.00 credit for a 1 yr. programming commitment of at least the standard VOOM package of $49.90/per mo. So you're cost is only $49.99.

Additional receivers are no charge as your $50.00 credit per HD STB pays for the lease down payment, which is normally required. VA VA VOOM is required for 1 yr. to get additional receivers at no charge. The normal $9.50/per mo. per STB charge applies.

This deal ends on 9/30/04

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)