Voom to Offer HD-LIL?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

HDVoomer

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 25, 2004
I was wondering if anyone knows if Voom plans on offering HD-LIL since DirecTV is currently getting ready to roll out this service? If so what poential markets might we see to begin with?

75% of US households can receive at least 4 networks OTA so there is no need for VOOM to waste their bandwidth. They are far better off becoming experts at the OTA antenna installations. A one time expense and free programming forever.

I receive HD LIL from 4 DMAs using my 2 UHF antennas - I will always recommend installing an OTA antenna if that is an option:) VOOM should explore opportunities using their MVDSS licenses and perhaps parnering with Verizon. HD LIL is a needless waste of bandwidth in my opinion.

Let's not get greedy already, just be thankful they are still providing a signal. Maybe when Voom hits a few million subs and they get the other 3 satellite's launched then they can offer LIL HD.

LIL would be a waste of space, but NOT the national feeds. All Sat providers should be required to carry at least those and I hope Voom does.

Most (but not all) of the locals that come w/ cable, D*, or E* are available OTA where I live. But in markets where OTA reception is difficult, it's a problem that can't be overstated.

I honestly had no idea at first just how offended many people are at the idea of a company offering service w/o providing the major networks. But I now know several people who flat out refuse to get Voom because of the problem getting locals OTA in their area. It's quite simply a deal killer. No matter how many other HD channels are offered, if the networks aren't included then a provider is Mickey Mouse, bush league, a joke in their eyes.

My parents, too, will drop Voom when their 6 month term is up if locals aren't available by then.

At the very least, HD nat'l feeds are needed for Voom to survive.

East, Mountain, Central and West time zone feeds established for a single major market w/in ea time-zone. If a Voom client was unable to receive a OTA signal certified by an installation tech they would thereby be entitle to a service feed.

No need to waste bandwidth. That's why there's competition.

You want locals via sat go D* or E*. Otherwise qualify for zone feed.

Petition FCC for overriding authority; locals could not veto option once a qualified tech certifies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts