Voom and CBS-HD East Looking Better

rdinkel said:
Maybe my eyes are just getting older, but Voom and CBS-HD East all seemed to be looking pretty good tonight. Anyone else notice the difference?:confused:

My fiancee and I were watching some Equator and DiscoveryHD and she commented on the picture not looking as crisp as it used to. I know that the Voom channels are HD-Lite. Did DiscoveryHD also get downrezed?

voripteth said:
My fiancee and I were watching some Equator and DiscoveryHD and she commented on the picture not looking as crisp as it used to. I know that the Voom channels are HD-Lite. Did DiscoveryHD also get downrezed?

No DiscoveryHD is still at 1920x1080i, it just so happens that the program(s) you happened to flip onto were being upconverted from SD.

I don't think that DiscoveryHD is producing everything in HD as of yet. A small percentage of the programming is still being upconverted.

I think that they're compressing Discovery more than they used to, because I also think that it's not looking too good lately.

Recently, I was watching an episode of the new Equator series on Discovery, and it looked bad. This surprised me since the Equator episodes are just about the newest stuff on Discovery at the moment.

Turboff said:
I think that they're compressing Discovery more than they used to, because I also think that it's not looking too good lately.
Recently, I was watching an episode of the new Equator series on Discovery, and it looked bad. This surprised me since the Equator episodes are just about the newest stuff on Discovery at the moment.

Hmmmm.....I have not noticed any difference with the new Equator. It always looks really good.

CBS - East didn't look near as good as my TimeWarner cable feed of WRAL Raleigh CBS as viewed through a MyHD mdp-130 card...too bad they don't have DD5.1 on the cable feed...

MarcS said:
CBS - East didn't look near as good as my TimeWarner cable feed of WRAL Raleigh CBS as viewed through a MyHD mdp-130 card...too bad they don't have DD5.1 on the cable feed...

CBSHD East, is being down converted on Dish to 1440x1080i right now. I think this is only tempoary. So this would explain that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)