Voom and OTA

devildogg

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 8, 2004
I have read numerous post of people having problems receiving their OTA Channels. I'm just wondering if after the Voom install you take matters into your own hands to obtain the best signal. I get the feeling a lot of folks bail from Voom because they can't/don't try to enhance their locals.

I have had an HDTV for nearly 4 years. I worked like a dog to receive all of the local channels in Hampton Roads, VA. Changing antennas (my attic looks like an antenna grave yard), changing diplexers to find the best (RCA diplexers work the best for me) and moving them around till I found the best location. I would estimate I have been rock solid on my locals for at least 2 years now. My antenna of choice the Radio Shack Double Bow Tie.

So, when I had Voom installed in March, it went flawless. Voom is a viable solution if you can receive your local's there is nothing better.

Well, I forgot one Poll question. 4) I had OTA working when I signed up for Voom.

In my situation, the antenna (which was an upgraded antenna) they provided didn't pull in the channels worth a darn. I installed a better antenna myself, and receive all of the local channels great now.

I use the double bowtie and can get all my locals much better then the rooftop stealth. Some of this has to do that I can't get all the locals with the antenna facing the same direction...so one I can aim works better,

Ominous1 can you tell me what store and model number of the antenna?
Devildogg can you tell me the model number of your antenna?

ardbell said:
Ominous1 can you tell me what store and model number of the antenna?
Devildogg can you tell me the model number of your antenna?

The Double Bow Tie has been discontinued. You may still be able to find it available on E-Bay. Also, just go to Radio Shack and ask. They may have one in the back room.

Good Luck....this little antenna kicks a$$! Ugly as it is!

Thanks for the info, Devildogg, Jawilljr and Ominous1. I will be ordering today. I hope this works. My WB/FOX are facing a different direction then the rest of the stations, plus they are running on low power. I am only 11 miles from them.

#4: Like you, devildogg, I had my OTA HD already up and running with Dish so it was a simple plug n play install w/Voom & I used my own diplexers since I had read bad things about them here prior to my install.

You should have an option something like. With the scanning feature I am now Able to get OTA. As to answer the other Items In my opinion Voom could keep installing the antenna. (I am using my own) but we the users should be responsable for keeping it aimed correctly. The reason I say that is so many channels could be in such a wide direction that you could have a tech living with you 24-7 to tweak the antenna if you only use Vooms supplied without a rotor.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts