Voom..Are you still happy it's gone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
To me it would make sense for them to try to make a deal now, because even if he brings back only a few of the channels it still would be channels no one else would have. They got rid of 15 channels and they havent replaced them. I mean it would have been better to have worked out a deal and either kept the channels or picked up 15 channels and do a swap, that way there would be less people upset. How many of us were very happy when they added the 20 channels? They had more than Directv and a better DVR, it was looking great for Dish and then they drop 15 channels. Even if they had repeats the marketing value of having the most HD and the best DVR would be great.

I was disappointed but frankly I thought hat the end of VOOM was inevitable. The business model just did not make sense. i was expecting it to happen---although not quite that way.

I was disappointed but frankly I thought hat the end of VOOM was inevitable. The business model just did not make sense. i was expecting it to happen---although not quite that way.
I too thought their business model stunk and couldn't understand why they didn't break up the channels into individual or in smaller bundles for other providers. After all, they have been very successful marketing the other Rainbow channels like WE, AMC and IFC. Besides Dish Network---who just happened to purchase the old Rainbow-1 satellite---who in the heck had room for 15 HD channels from 2005-2007?

Although we don't know the specifics of their Affiliation Agreement with E*, we now know it was a pretty sweet deal for VOOM although there may have been provisions in the contact that would have jeapardized VOOM's cash cow relashipship with E* had they changed their business plan. It would appear that VOOM15, especially at the price E* was paying, became a defacto exclusive on Dish Network.

It seems to me that VOOM will be busy rebranding their channels and negotiating carriage agreements in the near future if they knowingly violating their agreeement with Dish Network. However, if they keep VOOM15 intact and continue to pursue litigation with E*, then I can only assume they feel quite strongly about their case.

the intersting thing is that much of the VOOM argument revolves arounf the calim that theyhave suffered irreprable harm as it is unlikely that they will find another national carriage deal. if they do they actually weaken that part of the case.

To me it would make sense for them to try to make a deal now, because even if he brings back only a few of the channels it still would be channels no one else would have. They got rid of 15 channels and they havent replaced them. I mean it would have been better to have worked out a deal and either kept the channels or picked up 15 channels and do a swap, that way there would be less people upset. How many of us were very happy when they added the 20 channels? They had more than Directv and a better DVR, it was looking great for Dish and then they drop 15 channels. Even if they had repeats the marketing value of having the most HD and the best DVR would be great.

I am completely unhappy with the new channels and really most are already channels we got in SD only 7 or so are really new. Most are up converted and very weak clarity and of the new shows most are weak like the weather channel and the cartoon channel. dish is not the leader in HD nor do they have more channels now that they removed Voom HD. Maybe for a short while when Voom HD was still on dish but now they are over priced and have a lot less HD.

I too thought their business model stunk

Voom was not perfect like me but I miss their exclusive unique found nowhere else programming. I wish I knew a way to get it. It is just not the same anymore without it. I can see they had to get other channels, but I wish they did not have to get rid of any of Voom. If they did have to get rid of any of it I wish they would have left it up to me to chose two or three channels. I was not unhappy about Voom in any way shape or form. Another way they could have gotten rid of a couple of channels would be to let me personally choose eleven channels to keep. Personally I think they could have kept Voom and they could have kept me happy. I do not care about getting any local channels in HD over satellite. I can already get those with rabbit ears. Save that space for Voom.

Last edited:
With the VOOM channels, I could always find something in HD to watch when nothing else was on the other channels that was worth watching (which is often).

Say Scott, :eureka

Maybe this thread could also be closed or moved to the war zone like the other threads. While I will be one of the people who will miss VOOM, as you said, in the other thread, IT IS TIME TO MOVE ON.
:wave

Yes close it already. There is no such thing as Voom on dishnetwork, or D*. Send them to Cablevision forum, NOT the war Zone, Because VOOM has Nothing to do with Either Satellite company anymore. Thanks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)