Voom..Are you still happy it's gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I disagree with this person.

I like MonstersHD but it was not my favorite Voom channel. It would be okay to keep. Of the 5 that were left after they pulled 10 not sure if Rave was one of them they left but it would have been okay. Certainly would have kept Filmfest, Voom HD Movies, Gallery, and Ultra which were not part of the 5. I do not know if Equator was part of the 5 they left but it would have been okay to keep. Therefore the 5 they chose would not have satisfied me. It sucks that they got rid of any. I guess 5 I would not have chosen are better than none. Does anyone know if any of the Voom networks are still carried on any of the Canadian satellite services? That might be my only hope.

Yes Bell ExpressVu In Canada carries three Voom channels. Treasure, Rave and Equator.

If they only had Monsters and Rave..Im there! Only problem is I might be out of their footprint down here in South Florida.

It seems that there are a lot of subs that had their "few" favorite VOOM channels but not necessarily the same few. Apparently, the only way to appease all of the subs would be to restore all 15 VOOM channels.

I don't see what that has to do with Voom. You could have changed your programming to that package at any time. The rest of us losing something we enjoyed has nothing to do with that.

Understood. Just saying, Voom did very little for my house. I think it all depends on if you have one or two TVs, or if you have a big house with many TVs. I sure can't afford HD on all the TVs, so most any HD issue is not a big deal to me.

Getting locals on HD is much more important than HD national content. Being able to watch bigtime sports events in HD is very important.

Understood. Just saying, Voom did very little for my house. I think it all depends on if you have one or two TVs, or if you have a big house with many TVs. I sure can't afford HD on all the TVs, so most any HD issue is not a big deal to me.

Getting locals on HD is much more important than HD national content. Being able to watch bigtime sports events in HD is very important.

I take it an antenna won't work for you. National HD is way more important to me than HD-lite locals. Every subscriber is different. Bottom line is Dish and Voom disagreed and now they're gone.

Back on topic, I still miss much of Voom. However, Travel, Tennis and MGM HD have been pleasant surprises. The rest (even ABC Family or Disney? which shows HD episodes of "Greek") don't impress me at all.

Yes Bell ExpressVu In Canada carries three Voom channels. Treasure, Rave and Equator.

If they only had Monsters and Rave..Im there! Only problem is I might be out of their footprint down here in South Florida.

Opps, It was Treasure, Rush and Equator...

Yes, I would jump to them for Monsters, Rave and Equator.

It seems that there are a lot of subs that had their "few" favorite VOOM channels but not necessarily the same few. Apparently, the only way to appease all of the subs would be to restore all 15 VOOM channels.

I agree.

Glad no, miss it not really.

I miss it once in a while, I would watch something to kill time, but that was about it.

I take it an antenna won't work for you. National HD is way more important to me than HD-lite locals. Every subscriber is different. Bottom line is Dish and Voom disagreed and now they're gone.

Back on topic, I still miss much of Voom. However, Travel, Tennis and MGM HD have been pleasant surprises. The rest (even ABC Family or Disney? which shows HD episodes of "Greek") don't impress me at all.

I was considering the antennae route, but it's tricky in my two story house. And, I read months ago that Grand Rapids, MI was very soon on the list to be added. So, here I wait.................

I just wish that all of the satellite providers would have tackled this issue differently. One national HD feed for each network and use the SD feeds of the locals for local programming and commmercial fills. Then we wouldn't be wasting all of this bandwidth. Better yet, get rid of the ridiculously stupid requirement that I have to sub to my locals and make it a free market. My local CBS and FOX are STILL not broadcasting in HD so I should be able to shop somewhere else.

I just wish that all of the satellite providers would have tackled this issue differently. One national HD feed for each network and use the SD feeds of the locals for local programming and commmercial fills.
And you would have local HD news and syndicated shows be broadcast SD? Sorry, doesn't and probably never will work that way. Broadcasters will never bend and the government won't make them.

And you would have local HD news and syndicated shows be broadcast SD? Sorry, doesn't and probably never will work that way. Broadcasters will never bend and the government won't make them.

Maybe I watch the wrong channels (had had Idaho Falls, ID, Chicago, Denver and Salt Lake City in HD in the past year) but I don't think that I have seen any syndicated shows in HD on any of these channels. I don't watch a lot of syndicated stuff but my wife does.

I think that as network tv continues to lose it's relevance that we may someday see the ability to pick whichever feed we want to receive.

VOOM is gone from DISh and so am I. With VOOM Dish had something no one else had. 15 non-commercial HD channels along with all the others; something DirectV would never have. With VOOM gone they became just another Sat service with the same channels as Direct. So, I switched to Direct. For the SAME lineup it was $37 cheaper per month! Check it out. Oh, and thanks Charlie for saving me all that money. And you only have 53 channels....not 80. Didn't your first grade teacher teach you to count??

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts