Voom..Are you still happy it's gone?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
People complain about the repeats, check out HDNet Movies the same movies play the whole month, every movie channel does that I will admit Voom had repeats but the worst was that stretch of 6 months after that it got better and before that it wasnt that bad.

Just curious, what so good about fios? I know little about it. Not available in south florida.

I did hear the PQ is very good. Other than that I have no clue.

Their DVR sucks, ol cable Moto box. Being its a fiber network, and they are removing all anolog stuff, their pass thru is what they get from the network. This is pretty great in the day of overcompression.

I'm not happy that Voom is gone. E* gives us 20 new HD channels then takes away 5. I didn't watch all of Voom, but there were some channels I did watch, and I'd be glad to pay for them. Add that to the way that E* counts national HD channels.
It shouldn't surprise me that they act like almost every big corporation when they have you by the short ones.
We had a saying in the navy "BOHICA", bend over, here it comes again.

Sure is, the same programming was regerged over and over on VOOM, at least WFN has good shows that arent' repeated every 4 hours:D

That's exactly my point. There are even less people that like WFN than like Voom, yet it's important to you, because you enjoy the content. I liked Monsters and Equator. I REALLY liked Monsters. Just because you didn't enjoy them, doesn't mean others don't.

My association of a terrible upheaval against Voom with this website has kept me away from here and from posting for several days and maybe even weeks. Now that I have seenthis thread I think I really liked numerous Voom channels though Monsters would not be my top favorite channel. I watched it plenty though. Several other channels were among my favorites period you know with my sophisticated tatstes and all. In hindsight some sucked to me, though at least they were HD. When I saw this thread it gave me hope that since it has come to an end that perhaps somebody has seen the light and thought that they missed Voom.

All said and done we were played on this.We still pay the same and are out 15 channels. I do not understand why anyone would be happy. As far as reruns, The same crap is played on HBO, ST, STRZ and the OTA channels are worse.

All said and done we were played on this.We still pay the same and are out 15 channels. I do not understand why anyone would be happy. As far as reruns, The same crap is played on HBO, ST, STRZ and the OTA channels are worse.

I refuse to pay an extra $10 a month for just HDNet Movies, Smithsonian and MGM. Those would be the only channels in the Ultimate package that I would be interested in.

Someone correct me if I am wrong but the only other channel at this level is WFN. I have no interest in that.

When I downgraded to Essentials, I made sure to let Dish know why I downgraded. Voom was the 80% of the reason I would have stayed at the Ultimate level.

Yes, still glad it is gone. That mean $10 more in my pocket every month.

Hmmm....

I don't get $10 off my bill. Why do you? Are you still under contract with the Voom package at $10?

I've asked several times why my bill is not reduced $10 since the Voom package was $10 when I originally signed up years ago. Since then the packaging had changed.

When they removed Voom, they added MGM and Chiller and several others to the highest tier. It was a swap out from my bill's perspective.

How many of you are getting $10 off their bills? How did you get that lowered?

How many of you are getting $10 off their bills? How did you get that lowered?

See my post above.. I downgraded from UltimateHD to EssentialsHD. That is $10 less per month and due to the circumstances (Voom gone), and they did not charge the $5.00 downgrade fee either.

But you also loose a few more channels. And I emphasize just a few. That level is no longer worth it. AT ALL!

Several weeks ago I also e-mailed the other channels at the Ultimate level about this. HDNet Movies responded that they were concerned about this and was talking to Dish about this move as well.

I'm aware of cutting back on programming to reduce the bill, but some people act like they can just call Dish and say I want $10 off my monthly bill because Voom is gone.

There are probably only one years worth of customers still under contract where Voom was part of a $10 package. I can see only these people getting $10 off their bills.

But if someone is getting $10 off their bill just because Voom is gone (and without cutting programming), I'd like to know who and how.

Otherwise, a post like "I'm glad Voom is gone, that's $10 off my bill" makes no sense.

I had just made a sizeable investment in HD for the first time - go the VIP722 as my reciever. Was looking foward to the Voom Channels. I miss them....sort of irritated me even though I know that channel content on E can be pushed and pulled. I don't believe the quality, regardless of the channel(s), will be able to come close to what I had with Voom. I made an inquiry to the provider of the channels and E. Specifically, I wanted to know if I could buy the package (all of it) a la carte. E basically stated that they had added 20+ new HD channels but did not address the other option. I heard nothing back from the provider..for while I thought maybe there was a negoiation process in place - plausible reason for it not be addressed. But, as time rolls on, I think not. It was nice for about 3 weeks.

FP

the only channel I gave a rat's ass about was Rave. In the midst of the constant repeats, you'd find some nuggets.

Unfortunately I lost the Sonic Youth/Wilco concert when I switched to the 622...

No, Dish owes us 15 more channels NOW. They added the 22 before removing the 15, so we know that they have the space. Dish either add back Voom or give us 15 National HD channels now. Not RSNs or Locals.

No, Dish owes us 15 more channels NOW. They added the 22 before removing the 15, so we know that they have the space. Dish either add back Voom or give us 15 National HD channels now. Not RSNs or Locals.

I could not agree more!! :up:up:up

Sorry but I think some are going to be locals, I noticed right after the Voom Drop, the next uplink report had my Local HD Channels on the Uplink. And my locals weren't on the list for this year at all. I would say E* dumping Voom, Had something to do with that.

People complain about the repeats, check out HDNet Movies the same movies play the whole month, every movie channel does that I will admit Voom had repeats but the worst was that stretch of 6 months after that it got better and before that it wasnt that bad.

Yes they have repeats throughout the month. But they do not have the same repeats month after month. At least not as much as Voom had. All this stuff about repeats is simply the effect however of the bigger problem of having a smaller library to choose from. Well... I figure its smaller but since I am not a Voom exec who knows?

Dish totally twists the truth to their favor. They say they are the leaders in HD when they only have 40 not 80 HD as many channels are repeated. Additionally the quality is weak as most of the HD is up converted crap and not true HD. The quality of content is much worse since Voom is gone. I am going to cancel by July and save over 625 by going to Directv. I am so upset loosing Voom and hope Dish goes bankrupt!

I miss Rave and Family quite a bit. I always PVR'd concerts on Rave and UFO on Family. I wish Charlie would bring back five condensed VOOM channels.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts