Voom Billing Cycle Question

RickCathey

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 19, 2003
After many months of enjoying VOOM I have to say goodbye. I had some unexpected bills come up and can't afford the extra monthly cost so I must cancel as much as I hate to. I have read that some say it would be best for me to have my credit card number changed due to the problem VOOM seems to have with continuing to charge the card even after cancelling. This I will do just to avoid the hassle of waiting for a credit.

My question is.. When a payment is made, is that for the previous month or is it for the upcoming month? My last statement on VOOM's site was dated Sept. 28 and my card was charged on Oct 6th. So was this for the month of September or is this for October? Anyone know?

Good luck to all and to VOOM..Maybe once my situation clears up I can climb back aboard..

Rick

I reviewed my past statements and charges to my credit card. It appears that the billing is for the upcoming month. My billing date is the 9th. My latest statement date is October 10th. It shows that payment is due on October 19th and the detail shows it is for service from 10/09 - 11/08.

Hope this helps.

Your account is paid through the 27th so make sure you cancel and have your equipment picked up by that date or you may be billed for another month of service. I'm sorry to hear you are leaving, but you are certainly welcome to stick around the VOOM Forum. Hmmm. Are there any new subscribers out there? :confused:

Thanks for the replies.

I called VOOM this morning and told them the news. The lady I spoke to did in fact state that I would be due a credit of about 20 some odd dollars due to the pro-rating of the prepaid month.

FYI in case this isn't known. She said they only take the receiver and the remote. The dish and OTA antenna can stay unless I wanted it removed. My de-install is scheduled for Thursday the 28th.

Best of luck to you guys and VOOM. It's been great for me and hated to have do this but really had no choice.

Rick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts