Voom Channel Sound

Bill Millar

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 8, 2003
Iowa Park, Tx
I have a Pioneer Elite Receiver with an optical cable plugged into the Dish 622 Receiver. I have no sound problems with channels other than the Voom channels, sometimes just the back speakers are working, and sometimes maybe just one of the front speakers, also on the new MHD channel 9469, I have no surround sound except when they are doing commercials and advertising thier network.

Bill

Bill, does the Pioneer have a auto sound mode selector? I have a non dvr hd Dish unit with optical out to my Sony ES receiver and have never had a problem w/voom. My receiver is set to auto select and it goes into the DD on all HD programing and pro logic when commercial or other programming comes on. The Sony has a light on the front that lets you know dolby digital siginal is present.

Rosco, I'm sorry I was out of town for the weekend. The Pioneer receiver does have an automatic selection, which I have it set on. The Pioneer has a bar that lights that will say Pro Logic, dolby surround and DTS, depending which one is playing, it works just fine except the Voom channels, it stays on Dolby surround sound and does not change no matter what the channel is showing. Right now I am on the MHD channel and they have a rebroadcast of the CMT awards, I'm only getting sound out of the left and right speaker, although it shows dolby 5.1 on the receiver, and all 5 speakers are lit up showing there receiving a signal, like I said when the station goes to a comercial advertising HD sound all the speakers will work.

I'm not the first person to complain about dolby 5.1 signal being on all the time on the voom channels.

Bill

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts