VOOM Channels

urnote96

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 24, 2004
I only want to recieve VOOM HD channels what dish do i need to have...

Do i need to have a superdish and another dish pointed at 62.5 or can i just have a 62.5 dish

and what rcvr do i need

Well even if you only want the voom channels you'll still have to pay for everything else.

The cheapest HD pack you can get is DishHD Bronze for 49.99 without locals

voom is located at either 61.5 or 129. 61.5 seems to have a higher signal

You are about 6 months late in getting many of the VOOM channels for cheap. Dish offered 10 VOOM channels for just $5/month up until Feb of this year. Those who sub'ed to it, still get them for that price. But new subs are subject to what BFG said above.

Not exactly sure, but I heard the upgrade to the leased receiver requires the BronzeHD package. If you buy your receiver (you would need either a 211, 411 or 622) you can get around that and the 18 month agreement. You would have to buy the entire HD package at $30 a month. you would need to see 110 with either 61.5 or 129 for it to work.

Don't count on it philhu. The standalone HD option, even for owned receivers, was quietly withdrawn around July 1st.

As BFG noted above, the lowest cost HD option is now HD Bronze at $49.99/mon. Although if you own the receiver there would be no 18 month commitment.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts