VOOM Commercial (shown in HD) on DiscoveryHD

I saw one OTA, on a local station the other day, TV said it was HD, looked somewhat HD (my OTA antenna = blows), and it was widescreen too!

I too saw the commercial on DHDT but the audio was out of whack. For the majority of the commercial the voiceover was coming from the REAR channels. Toward the end of the commercial the voiceover returned to the front center channel. I checked all of my settings and everything was normal. Has anyone else noticed this?

GabeNet said:
I too saw the commercial on DHDT but the audio was out of whack. For the majority of the commercial the voiceover was coming from the REAR channels. Toward the end of the commercial the voiceover returned to the front center channel. I checked all of my settings and everything was normal. Has anyone else noticed this?

Yeah I got the same audio imbalances too...Loud in rears in the beginning then ending from center as rears fade out...

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
it's funny that in this commercial it states VOOM has 39 HD channels

I think this is how they came up with the 39 channels.

1. 100 HDNews
  2. 101 HD Cinema10
  3. 102 HD WorldCinema -----------> Changed name from HD Cinema 2 on 6/1/04
  4. 103 HD Cinema10
  5. 104 HD Cinema10
  6. 105 HD Cinema10
  7. 106 HD Cinema10
  8. 107 HD Cinema Classics -----------> Changed name from HD Cinema 7 on 6/1/04
  9. 108 HD Cinema Epics -----------> Changed name from HD Cinema 8 on 6/1/04
  10. 109 HD Cinema Gunslingers -----------> Changed name from HD Cinema 9 on 6/1/04
  11. 110 Divine HD -----------> Changed name from HD Cinema 10 to Divine-HD on 6/1/04
  12. 121 Monsters HD
  13. 122 Epics HD
  14. 123 WorldSport HD
  15. 124 Rush HD
  16. 125 Rave HD
  17. 126 Ultra HD
  18. 127 Auction HD -----------> Changed name from Treasure HD 3/28/04
  19. 128 Gallery HD
  20. 129 MOOV HD
  21. 130 Animania HD
  22. 999 Inside VOOM
  23. 201 HBO HD East
  24. 202 HBO HD West
  25. 221 Cinemax HD East
  26. 222 Cinemax HD West
  27. 241 Showtime HD East HD
  28. 242 Showtime HD West HD
  29. 251 TMC-HD
  30. 261 Starz HD East
  31. 262 Starz HD West
  32. 301 ESPN HD
  33. 271 Encore HD East
  34. 501 Bravo HD+
  35. 521 TNT-HD
  36. 601 Discovery HD Theater
  37. 701 Playboy HD
  38. 341 FSN FL HD (Which it was up for the baseball season)
  39. 352 FSN Cl HD (Which it was supposed to start during baseball season but did not for unknown reason)

well FSN FL shouldn't even be counted becasue it's only for FL. The ad states 39 HD channels as a whole. The ad shouldn't be false advertising to the viewers of the ads. And I did also see the Sears borchure and it had INHD & INHD2 listed on it. I saw this yesterday at a friends house lol

FreddyvsJasonvsAsh said:
well FSN FL shouldn't even be counted becasue it's only for FL. The ad states 39 HD channels as a whole

disagree. Whether it is only available to FL or not you still need to treat it as a HD channel like anyother (technically). Isn't this the same argument when E*/D* count CBS, Fox, NBC as HD channels?

I don't know about the E*/D* stuff. I called VOOM and told them about the ad and the CSR counted and found 37. She said she was going to look at the ad and she also comfirmed it said 39. She said VOOM would call me back after they looked into it.

If I were Voom and I was providing OTA antenna and it was our receiver that allowed you to recieved ABC, FOX, NBC, CBS, PBS, WBN, and UPN in HD, then I would claim that we offered 46 channels of HD (39 + 7 OTA).

I was surprised to see this thread back up top.... Did anyone notice that around half of the commercials during the Superbowl were presented in HD (or atleast 16:9 upconvert)?

So if they made a D5 dub for the FOX Network's Master Control... Why don't they give a D5 copy to all the networks? I've seen many of the ads from the Superbowl shown in primetime since and even though it was HD during the Superbowl and it's now airing inside an HD network program... alas, it is an SD presentation of the spot. Why? The difference in the cost of tape stock is minimal... They are already using a facility with D5 dubbing capability (since they made one for the Superbowl)... why not go the extra one yard and have it seen in HD much more often?

Southern California HDcount is as follows: 21= original VOOM HD channels
10= premium movie HD channels
5= networks NBC,CBS,ABC,FOX
plus PBS (OTA)
4=ESPN,Discovery,UHD,TNT
---------
40 Total
Not counting FSN-FL HD (Florida only) & PLAYBOY (ppv)
Others: Not counting channel 5 (WB) which does Rose Parade in HD.

So it obviously varies with locale.

Dish network does not say they have 1600+ channels because not everyone can get every channel, so I do think the 39 HD is deceptive, unless they put a disclaimer about the RSN's.

I would have to say if I kept a tally all of the commercials I see, I see VOOM more than any other. It plays every hour I think on Discovery HD. I've been seeing it a lot lately on other channels too.

I saw commercial on Universal HD and local OTA UPN station: brandsmart uses Voom logo to promote their HDTVs.

How about DirectTV and their 1500 channel commercial? My friend came into work and told me DirectTV now has 1500 HD channels. sure they do