Voom Originals in Best Buy

kfried001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
I was in Besgt Buy yesterday and they had a Voom Originals promo loop running on all the HD Tv's. They showed all Voom 21 channels in the circle and then clips from Rush HD, Worldsport and several other channels.

They did not advertise the fact that there is very little new content though :( :no :mad:

Please pardon my error...it's actually James Dolan's Premiere Summer Masturbation.
jerkoff.gif
How silly of me to confuse the two. In either case, guess who is getting hosed?

riffjim4069 said:
Please pardon my error...it's actually James Dolan's Premiere Summer Masturbation.
jerkoff.gif
How silly of me to confuse the two. In either case, guess who is getting hosed?
Now that was great!!!!

NEWS FLASH - THE LATEST ON JAMES DOLAN:

Informed sources report that James is out hunting this season with his shotgun taking aim at the now defunct VOOM Satellite with his trusy shotgun still trying to bring it down. Other reports have Dolan Senior volunteering James to New Orleans as a human sand bag to plug up the levees. He's had experience in that field. All this fun fun fun until Daddy takes his T-bird away, hopefully. (Source Fox News)

Tvlman said:
NEWS FLASH - THE LATEST ON JAMES DOLAN:

Informed sources report that James is out hunting this season with his shotgun taking aim at the now defunct VOOM Satellite with his trusy shotgun still trying to bring it down. Other reports have Dolan Senior volunteering James to New Orleans as a human sand bag to plug up the levees. He's had experience in that field. All this fun fun fun until Daddy takes his T-bird away, hopefully. (Source Fox News)
human sand bag... :D

OT...I noticed the same Voom loops running this past weekend on all the HDTVs at Costco. Also spotted that they had the "Call your local cable or satellite operator for ordering information" tagline running in the corner occasionally. Hmmm.

shanewalker said:
OT...I noticed the same Voom loops running this past weekend on all the HDTVs at Costco. Also spotted that they had the "Call your local cable or satellite operator for ordering information" tagline running in the corner occasionally. Hmmm.
Bitter sweet to see this promo now everytime I go into COSTCO about a year too late for the "real" voom. Will we ever see new content let alone all the channels back? :(

Right now, the entire Satellite Industry appears to be in a holding pattern:

1. D* is waiting to get their birds in the air and fully functional before they can start offering HD LIL, National HD channels, and MPEG-4 receivers.

2. E* is waiting on D* to offer HD LIL and implement MPEG-4. E* isn't going to do anything that doesn't make money, unless it is to counter D*.

3. E* is waiting on the FCC to approve the sale/transfer to Rainbow-1 and 61.5 TPs before they can launch the entire VOOM21 channel lineup, shuffle their satellite locations, and start migrating to MPEG-4.

4. Voom is waiting on the sales/transfer or Rainbow-1 until their VOOM21 HD Pak can be fully implemented. Likewise, they are waiting on Verizon and other Cable MSOs to start pickup these channels before they broadcast new content and promote these channels. VOOM has decided they are not willing to spend any money on the VOOM lineup until these channels are ready to be mass marketed. Unfortunately, they learned this lesson from VOOM DBS.

5. Although Verizon continues to knock out a few Local Cable Franchise Agreements, they are pretty much waiting on State Cable Franchise Agreements and changes to Federal Telecom laws before going balls-to-the-walls with Verizon FiOS.

So let the waiting continue. One thing is for sure...Satellite, Cable and the Telcos are going to war next year and it won't be pretty. Consumers will benefit, but the landscape is going to change. I fully expect to see Satellite and Cable mergers over the next three years.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)