Direct TV Salesman at Best Buy Laments VOOM leaving

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Firebird I HAVE heard and owned Bose. What a ridiculous statement you've made. I'll take my PSBs any day over the Bose (hence why the Bose is in the closet), and there are even far better speakers than my PSBs.

What other speaker brands have you heard? You seem to be talking based on emotion more than experience....just my .02

Mr.Poindexter said:
If I heard BOSE would no longer be around, I would be happy that people would get better sound for less money with ANY other brand that isn't sold from the back of a white van.

PS, if you want to see what some of the best speakers ever made look like, check out the link in my signature.

WOW, your speaker system is insane! Kinda like owing a Ferrari, and you can only drive it on the street in front of your house. :confused: A LITTLE OVERKILL??? Hopefully they came with a steering wheel to drive them into your house!! LOL

I'm curious, the room doesn't appear to be very large and with low ceilings, are you really getting the benefit of those bad-boys? You don't appear to have any sort of acoustic treatments to benefit that system.
I see a window and small glass table in the updated pic. How many times have those been blown out? :D Very nice set-up, just have never understood you extreme audiophiles that have these amazing systems in small living rooms..

BTW, I'm NOT any fan of BOSE, would never own any myself, (I'm a PARADIGM Canadian engineered sound fan), but BOSE is designed for the good old standard living room and for most folks, they're fine, but agree there are so many better choices and quality with real sound performance without going over-board with speakers that should have come with steering wheel just to get them into the house.

I have too owned BOSE speakers, and they are ok for alot of folks...I don't like the way the sell their products; sort of "fair traded" retail pricing, which, I thought was against the law in the USA since 1978...If they catch any of their quthorized dealers selling stuff less than their established retails. they can pull your franchise.
I don't like companies that play that game, and BOSE is one of the few left in the electronics industry..

I switched several years ago to Martin Logan stuff, and even though it is very expensive, they are pieces of "sonic furniture" that will last a lifetime, and they pretty much blow away most other spreakers..

Ding Ding

What is all this Bose stuff. Some people like Bose some do not. All that is important is that everyone is happy.

How did this thread start? oh yes .. Bookwalk said a salesman at Best Buy "agreed COMPLETELY that VOOM was probably the best HD Satellite Service ANYWHERE and it was just a crying shame that it was going away."

You are all funny,

Have a nice day

-scott

Mr.Poindexter said:
Indy,

Martin Logan speakers sound great and one of their systems was rated AAAA by Stereophile Guide to Home Theater. The Infinity IRS series sounded more like Martin Logans than traditional cone/dome speakers but not quite. The Logans are electrostatic while the Infinity IRS were electromagnetic. VMPS makes speakers that sound a lot like the old Infinity. The new Genesis speakers sound different as well, but not that different.

I just looked at the updated pic of the speakers. Jesus! Those things are huge! My wife would have tried to stick one of those up my you know what if I brought them home! I have Jamo Concert Series in my HT with a Pioneer Elite 45 driving 7.1 Sounds good enough for me but not the top dog by any means. Jamo is rated very highly in Europe but not marketed very heavily here.

FIREBIRD81 said:
I find that interesting. I wonder how many people who malign Bose have ever actually heard Bose. They get attacked now because everyone copied their style, but I've yet to hear ANY system that comes close to sounding like a Bose Lifestyle system, properly set up.

I had Bose for 1 year. I bought a "last one" set still in box at Sam's for a discount. At the time, they worked with my space, and I thought they sounded good....until I hooked up my $60 outdoor speakers in the same area, just to see how they would sound. I immediately realized that I fell for the Bose hype machine.

Long story short- I started shopping for a new speaker system that day, I ended up with a JBL powered subwoofer, and Fluance Speakers for the center and surrounds.

http://www.fluance.com/

I would strongly encourage anyone to check Fluance out if they are looking for awesome sound on a budget. I would be surprised if anything twice the money comes close. Not only does 5.1 sound much better, but cds sound WAY better than the Bose did. Read the reviews on CNET and Audio review sites.

http://cnet.search.com/search?chkpt=astg.cnet.fd.search.cnet&q=fluance&tag=srch

I was actually able to sell the Bose system on Ebay for more than I paid for it, and the whole big sound upgrade cost me about $100 net out of pocket, including all new wiring.

-k

Vicki said:
Cold storage for a few years...probably the best idea I've heard yet...but just for the record, I have 11 year old Bose speakers, and while I know they are now maligned...one of the things I will miss most about VoOm is the sound...even over my ancient, possibly over-rated Bose speakers...Vicki :river :river :river
reminds me of a neighbor who asked me what kind of speakers he should buy, i gave him a few brand names including BOSE, that would be in his price range,a few months go by and he calls me over to hear his new speakers, he is absolutley thrilled at how "LOUD" they are i look at them i see that they are "BOSS" speakers and he tells me "i got a great price" , they fell off a truck he says :yes i never had the heart to tell him he was taken a few months later i gave him an old set of 301's and he never even noticed the spelling between the two.
:)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)