VOOM Computer "Glitch"???

ddlsmith

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Nov 28, 2004
My V* billing is set up on autopay to a credit card. I still get a paper statement in the mail.

Today I get home from work and in my mailbox is a V* bill for my regular monthly bill PLUS a $250 "Early Termination Penalty Assessment". I have never called to have my service terminated.

Called CSR and he said it must have been a "computer glitch" and he would "note it on my account" and "send it up to the next level to be addressed ASAP".

My credit card is set to be billed on 2/3.

Should I worry?? Anyone else had this happen and was it corrected? I would hate to be billed, V* goes bye-bye in a couple of days, and there's no one to contact to correct it.

Suggestions? Or should I just "keep the faith"?

I'd call daily to keep it active and see if the "note it on my account" actually got into the system.

Still watching HDTV (Monster at the moment) under cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

ddlsmith said:
Suggestions?
Personally, I would call my credit card company and change the account number. But I'm a better-safe-than-sorry kinda guy who's been burned by Voom's billing folks a couple times. I expect that they'll charge you.

SeattleVoomer1 said:
I'd call daily to keep it active and see if the "note it on my account" actually got into the system.

Still watching HDTV (Monster at the moment) under cloudy Seattle skies, Gill

Good idea, I'll keep checking and keep my fingers crossed. I just hate to change my credit card number since I have several bills set up on autopay to the card.

Watching crystal clear HDTV here under rainy San Antonio skies. Thanks Gill.

Just call the credit card company, and tell them to put a flag on any amount over what the bill should be from that company only, it might not stop it, but at least it will be in your records so it makes it easier to fight the charge.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)