Voom dish for DISH?

Hawkeyee

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
May 8, 2004
I currently have one Dish for the 110 and 119 sats with dish network, but I use to be a voom subscriber and still have the voom dish pointed at the voom sat. My question is will my old voom dish pick up the added voom channels by dish and if so what do I need to do to get them? I hate the idea of giving them $100.00 to do a new install for a dish that is already pointing at the new sat.

If you have Legacy equipment the VOOM dish will work. If you have Dish Pro you will need to upgrade the VOOM dish, it's electronics are not compatible.

It depends on what lnb is on your dish 500. If it's a legacy lnb you can integrate your VOOM lnb by using a SW64 switch (duals on 500) or sw21 switch (legacy twin or quad on 500). Both legacy and dishpro receivers will work with legacy lnbs and switches.
If you have a DP LNB on your dish 500 you'd need to upgrade your 61.5 dish to a DP dual and DP34 switch.

Hawkeyee said:
I currently have one Dish for the 110 and 119 sats with dish network, but I use to be a voom subscriber and still have the voom dish pointed at the voom sat. My question is will my old voom dish pick up the added voom channels by dish and if so what do I need to do to get them? I hate the idea of giving them $100.00 to do a new install for a dish that is already pointing at the new sat.

Long post about it on this forum. All kinds of answers and ways to find the answers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts