Voom DVI and component output

SonicRob

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 31, 2004
Does Voom come with DVI Cables or do you have to buy them at Best Buy i asked someone at Best Buy and they said using the DVI Monster Cables you will get good PQ. The DVI Monster Cables cost 89.99 is it worth buying the DVI Monster Cables or can you use the component output. :D

I'd hook it up each way and see if you see a difference and if so, which do you like better. Some people say they see a difference, but it seemed the same to me. Voom supplies both cables. The installer should leave the cables he doesn't use.

All output portals are 'hot' at the same time, so you can hook up both ways and then see for yourself. Mine is hooked up via component and DVI/HDMI. I get a much better picture using the DVI/HDMI hookup.

SonicRob is turning into ManicRob, but at least it is now well documented that Best Buy carries a Monster DVI cable for $89.99. You can get them elsewhere for a lot less.

I tried both and with a DLP TV there was no appreciable difference in Component and DVI/HDMI, IMHO. So I left my DVD player hooked up via HDMI and hooked VOOM up Component. Happy so far :D

SonicRob said:
Does Voom come with DVI Cables or do you have to buy them at Best Buy i asked someone at Best Buy and they said using the DVI Monster Cables you will get good PQ. The DVI Monster Cables cost 89.99 is it worth buying the DVI Monster Cables or can you use the component output. :D

I have a HDMI/DVI monster cable from CircuitCity. My installer told me I cant use it because it is a Hdmi to DVI cable not a DVI to HDMI. Is there a difference. I could not find a DVI to HDMI cable.

i use the one that voom gave me with my rec, but everytime i have it on and turn the tv off it also turns the rec off, but it has done this since day one install, last may, go figure this one? voom cant even figure this one out, heres another to figure out too with voom rec, and i hope the dvr doesnt preform the same way, the only way i can get my local channels to come is to use an a/b video switch, when i want to watch the sat side i slide it to one side, when i want to watch the local channels i switch it to the other side, i cant run a cable to the rec from the local channels they wont come in, only using the a/b switch this is another thing that hasnt worked since day one? try to figure these 2 major problems out?

Thanks for all the help i have learned allot, as for me posting in here i like it especially when i am the only guy in the fourm at 2:00 am in the morning.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts