Voom Free Preview?????

juan said:
Scott, Any chance E* will give us a Voom free preview soon?
ROFLMAO!

Why should they?

No doubt they are selling them hand-over-fist to everyone with an HD receiver already.The ONLY people that haven't ordered them yet are those without a 61.5 dish - and they'll jump in the minute they get that or the 148 mirror goes up.

Free previews are meant to encourage sales, and the V* channels at $5/mo are already the best deal E* has given us for a LONG time.

Long overdue, but they finally came through! :up

SimpleSimon said:
ROFLMAO!

Why should they?

No doubt they are selling them hand-over-fist to everyone with an HD receiver already.The ONLY people that haven't ordered them yet are those without a 61.5 dish - and they'll jump in the minute they get that or the 148 mirror goes up.

Free previews are meant to encourage sales, and the V* channels at $5/mo are already the best deal E* has given us for a LONG time.

When will this 148 mirroring take place? Whats the rumor?

SimpleSimon said:
ROFLMAO!

Why should they?

shhhhhh!!!!! The additional enjoyment i am getting out of this is i Know Charlie is rolling over trying to fall asleep tonight mumbling to himself " Why didn't I make the price for the Voom channels 5 bucks more, the way these subs are lapping it up at $5 they would have paid me $10" ;) :p :)

richard_rd said:
shhhhhh!!!!! The additional enjoyment i am getting out of this is i Know Charlie is rolling over trying to fall asleep tonight mumbling to himself " Why didn't I make the price for the Voom channels 5 bucks more, the way these subs are lapping it up at $5 they would have paid me $10" ;) :p :)
Well if your right then he might end up raising the voom hd pack to 10 after he broadcasts the last 11 channels.

richard_rd said:
ROFLMAO (again). :D

And that's SO likely to be true!

And yes, Danielle, there's NO doubt in my mind that the next set of V* channels will add another $5/month to our bills.

2 things:

1) the $5/mo is dead-on. You're already paying $9.99 for the HD Pack and this makes for compelling add-on with an eye for VOLUME, which is what V* always needed.

2) the Free Preview idea is something I've always said V* should try, but until now had no opportunity. Free Previews are brilliant. Why? Most folks with HDTVs have been watching NO HDTV on them, this would show them what they're missing. The goal with E* adding the package isn't/shouldn't be looked at as simply pacifying the HD initiated, but growing the fold of HD viewers...

shanewalker said:
2) the Free Preview idea is something I've always said V* should try, but until now had no opportunity. Free Previews are brilliant. Why? Most folks with HDTVs have been watching NO HDTV on them, this would show them what they're missing. The goal with E* adding the package isn't/shouldn't be looked at as simply pacifying the HD initiated, but growing the fold of HD viewers...
I wouldn't doubt that a VOOM free preview is coming, ala HBO/Showtime.

I don't expect that to happen on E* (or D* for that matter) until MPEG-4 is activated, and the new HD/SD receivers are ready to ship. Every 811/921/942/6000 out there now is a potential problem for E* when that transition comes. Same with D* receivers. I don't think they are going to actively market HD 'til then.

Just what I said all along............ V* could only succeed if it was an ADD ON and not a replacement for the other services. V* failed as a distributor, but may yet succeed as a programmer. Here's to hoping that E* decides to keep 61.5 as an HD platform!!! Now that people are flocking there with this announcement feel free to add Universal HD and ESPN 2 HD (not to mention Playboy HD and all the other Movie (Cinemax, Starz, etc.) Channels).

I now pledge my support for Voom2! I've added the first 10, and will get the next ones when they become available.

(cue the Alec Guinness quote from Star Wars... "Strike me down and I will become MORE powerful than you can imagine")

Dammit Bob, I was going to use the Obi Wan reference last Friday and forgot...

Oh well, now I'm reduced to--

"I am a nee-urd..." [and] "Try the peenya-ko-la-da, it's very auh-then-tic."
--my favorite quotes from 'American Splendor'

Seriously, though, I said over at AVS that it probably was going to come down to Chuck realizing that he wasn't passionate about satellite, but HD...so drop the distributor biz and stick with bringing HD content to the people, which is what he's doing now. Bring it on.

If that's the case, then I now support the old crazy coot. Mark Cuban braggin about his two channels? Bah, Charlie D. has 21 he is keeping afloat at a loss.

OK, but I still like Cuban. In addition to the TV show graveyard (Hack, The Agency, etc.) we get Smallville. Very cool.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts