S

Stan Sexton

Original poster
----- Original Message -----
To: Stan Sexton
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 12:17 PM
Subject: RE: ExpressVu in US

Hello Stan,

Thank you for visiting our web site and forwarding your inquiry.

We understand your attraction to the programming product VOOM has had to offer and are equally regretful to see a satellite venture fall off the grid. The demise was predictable, based on the conflicts within management and the advent of competing services in the broadcast of HD services. Being in a BrandsMart last week and hearing from the floor sales rep he was unaware of any pending fate was indeed bewildering, but also a barometer of the shaky rollout of the service.

With regard to your question of accessibility and adaptability of our hardware with equipment in the field, we can tell you the outside dish components will work satisfactorily with realignment, and, that our receiver would have to replace any other receiver.

The status of substitution for yourself in CA, as well as any residing in AZ, TX, and FL, would remain a limited option. (All other regions throughout mainland US receive robust signal - you might preview the signal diagram in our Web Site for familiarization) We say this because although there is adequate signal from Nimiq-2, which is the downlink location of the BEV HD programming, a number of transponders on the companion Nimiq-1 satellite do not reach these regions. This would mean that the full schedule of HD programming would be accessible, and some of the analog programming would not be delivered. The alternative Star Choice system has full signal access in these regions, but subscribers have told us the BEV selection is superior in their opinion.

As unfortunate as the loss of VOOM has been, it would be our pleasure to assist in reclaiming HD programming for any who find our programming lineup meets their needs.

Thank you again for your inquiry.

Customer Service

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, April 09, 2005 1:17 PM
To: info@canamsatellites.com
Subject: ExpressVu in US

I have been a VOOM subsciber since Inception, and VOOM is dead May 1. I am
on many HDTV Forums on the internet including the VOOM forums.
Many VOOMers are looking at ExpressVu.
I need to know if the VOOM Dish and LNB can be used for ExpressVu. I
already have a Dual LNB Voom Dish with two separate RG-6 QS coming in.
Can you tell me the options. You could end up with many new subscibers!
Thanks
Stan Sexton BA,BSRE,CRS,GRI,RECI
Owner/Broker
Homesell/New Horizons Realty
7918-N El Cajon Blvd #101
La Mesa, Ca 91941
Office/Fax 619-469-4633
Pager 858-494-9204
Cell 619-889-4633
"Making Your Dreams Easier"

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

------------------------