Voom gearing heavily in advertising, on the Web and on LocalTV

Dvlos

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 5, 2004
Here in Florida I see a Voom commercial every day, I think this is good, it must be a good market for them. What's the status on Voom's subscriber base is it growing?

I know the DVR thing has stalled although it's not 2005 yet, and everything is pretty much on hold or developing. This October-November stretch has by far been my most dissappointing month with HD, and I will site my reasons here:

- I have missed games, shows, and events in HD, because I have no way to record them. If I don't cancel everything and make room for watching a show like Lost I'll miss it, I've already missed 2 episodes of that because of other things I have to do. The inconvenience is mounting, I had a feeling about this back in August-September, and now sadly, I was 100% right about this.

- My wife keeps asking me for home fixer up channels like DiY and HGTV, she doesn't care if it's Voom HD exclusive, or those specific channels, or other channels, just one or two home upgrading type channels. I keep telling her soon.

- StarzHD, HBOHD, CInemaxHD... my frustration with these channels keeps mounting, I know it's not Voom's fault, but my incentive for keeping VVV keeps dropping and dropping. HBO and Cinemax keep cross premiering movies from one another. The repetition at times is stagnant. Starz can't give me a true 1080i new movie to save its life and THAT pisses me off like you wouldn't believe. It's like they say "oh, this movie is new, it looks new, let's give them a 480p conversion YAY!" What the hell?! I can get DVDs!!!! I want Saving Private Ryan like ABC was so kind to do, in in true HD. THAT IS WHAT I PAY FOR. Showtime and TMC I hardly ever, ever watch, but when I do I get OAR, and that makes me happy(er).

Where is everyone else at these days?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts