Voom Gets Award

rdinkel

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
Woodland Park, Colorado
New York, NY – June 27, 2006, VOOM HD Networks, the largest collection of high-definition channels available anywhere, was presented with TV Week’s “Campaign of Distinction 2006” Award, in recognition of its successful effort to grow and maintain its audience. The honor was bestowed at last week’s Promax/BDA conference in New York City, where VOOM also collected 16 individual awards for promotion and design excellence at the prestigious event.

The Promax/BDA conference annually gathers the world’s top marketing and design executives in the electronic media. The “Campaign of Distinction 2006” awarded to VOOM recognizes the success of the Networks’ on-air “Bliss” campaign in attracting viewers.

Congrats to Voom and the design/marketing teams responsible for the good on-air and promotional work they've been doing. I was at the BDA conference Wed for the awards show and saw some of their work on the showreel and a Voom banner in the hallway leading into the auditorium where the awards were held. Nice.

It was a nice awards show w/ some solid work on display, so the Voom team was in good company winning those awards. And I'm not saying that just because the deign/effects team that I'm a part of took home some awards [Optimus, my company, garnered two golds and a special jury honor] hardware as well...;). Once again, congrats, Voom!

Last edited:
I think I read that article, but this post missed the most important part. (Or maybe they won another award.)

VOOM knew there was absolutely no point in advertising HDTV on SDTV. Those ads were designed to run in electronics showrooms. They don't run on TV except as filler on their own channels.

EDIT (I guess it was a different award, because I read it in print well over a week ago.)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts