voom has a new promotion

shaun-ohio

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 31, 2004
ohio
just checked out the webpage for voom they now have a new promotion going on not only the 1 dollar install and up to 3 rooms installed, now they give you 2 months free of the premium channels, plus a one year subs to sound and vision magazine, good going voom keep up the good work!!! :)

shaun-ohio said:
just checked out the webpage for voom they now have a new promotion going on not only the 1 dollar install and up to 3 rooms installed, now they give you 2 months free of the premium channels, plus a one year subs to sound and vision magazine, good going voom keep up the good work!!! :)
Way to Go: this will help us voomers big time. what's the current count on Sub's????. going much higher now we hope.

The $64,000 Question ... rather the $540 one.

The offer is tempting ... D* HD is lame since the NFL ST stopped. But is is worth the $540, since I am stuck on it for 6 months. D* will get much better come SpaceWay, but until then .... hummmmmmm

Is there anyway to get the two free month premium promotion for exisitng customers?

Wow, this sounds like a great deal. I just wish I had delayed my voom order for about a month! :) Seriously, does anyone know if existing customers can get on this 2 months free premium channel promotion?

Sound and Vision Magazine is my favorite magazine! I look forward to it every month (and hate it when they take their winter break so you dont get an issue for 2 months) :)

I have actually be thinking of advertising SatelliteGuys in S&V. :D

So does this mean they extended the $1 installation past march 1? I couldn't find a date on it. I'm moving out of this apartment into a townhouse at the end of March and I'll finally have line of sight.

Scott Greczkowski said:
Sound and Vision Magazine is my favorite magazine! I look forward to it every month (and hate it when they take their winter break so you dont get an issue for 2 months) :)

I have actually be thinking of advertising SatelliteGuys in S&V. :D
Personally speaking, I don't see why you and VOOM don't advertise the SatelliteGuys VOOM Forum as being the defacto resource for all things VOOM on the INVOOM channel. After all, who else is going to provide timely and unbiased information to the masses:

hometheaterspot - no! :no
dbstalk - double no! :no :no
avsforum - triple no! :no :no :no (don't forget your flame suit!)
VOOM - perhaps!
SatelliteGuys VOOM Forum - absolutely! :yes

slacker9876 said:
The offer is tempting ... D* HD is lame since the NFL ST stopped. But is is worth the $540, since I am stuck on it for 6 months. D* will get much better come SpaceWay, but until then .... hummmmmmm

check your contract usually there is a clause that says if you return the equipment, then they void the contract. that is there so people dont sign up get the free boxes and run.

Great offer, can not say they are the brightest bunch in handling it per my own case.

I signed up for the original $1 dollar install offer. I have been waiting for about two months now for the install to actually take place with four dates aborted for various reasons. Since I am still technically not yet a customer, I contacted VOOM to see if I could go with the newer offer.

Tiffany P. replied that they can switch me to the latest offer but in this case I would need to pay the install fee of $199 for the first receiver and $49 per additional receiver. Uh, yeah that would make a lot of sense.

Now had the install already taken place I would certainly not ask for the better offer. The key here is that it has not taken place due to VOOM. I thus believe that in the name of good customer service they should have simply said, "no problem". The added benefit to them is that I am currently only subscribed to go with VOOM. Had they given me the two free months I would likely have continued with VaVa Voom after the two months.

Delayed installs and not the most customer-centric service. I hope this is not a bad sign where I will be regretting ever signing up.

install

just call up and cancel your install and than call back the next day for a new install. no reason you cant do it!

I would do that if my latest scheduled install was not tomorrow. I did fire the following note off to customer service. Often times another set of eyes yields a more rational result. I will keep everyone posted.
===============================================
Hello Voom,

I signed up for Voom approximately two months ago. Unfortunately I am still not an actual customer due to a series of install dates rescheduled by the installer. Based on this and the pending uncertainty around Voom's future, I did consider cancelling. Still, I believe in what you are doing and like to support the underdog, I have thus rescheduled yet again for this week.

Anyway, today I noticed the original $1 install offer for which I signed up has been upgraded to also include 2 months of premium services and a subscription to Sound and Vision. Sounds good. Since I am technically not yet a customer yet, and have wasted 3 days sitting at home for installs, I figured I would call and request to be upgraded to the most current offer. Seemed like a Customer Service 100 business case.

Much to my surprise, I was informed that I could have the latest offer but would then have to pay $300 in install fees. Not exactly an enticing upgrade and certainly not the current offer.

C'mon guys, I am rooting for you, but you can do better than that. As noted, I am technically not yet a customer. I have had to put up with a series of abandoned installs and lost three half days at work. also consider that I am signed up for a pending install of the basic VOOM package. It is probable that had you tossed in the latest offer I would then stay with the VaVa Voom. For me it makes a happy customer who signs the praises of Voom support to my neighbors and on boards like SatelliteGuys. For you, it makes a happy customer who would likely be spending more money after the first two months.

Thanks for your time. I do think you should reconsider your policy for individuals who are not yet paying customers.

WHeres The DVR?

That promo sounds great, but its still missing the words (including our HD pvr). Till then I must stick with cable. They rent me a HD dvr for $5 a month. Not wonderful, but better than none at all. The magic words for voom...HD DVR!

LOBO2999 said:
Do you have to sing on for 6 months? Do get the new Deal?

Get all VOOM equipment with up to 3 receivers
• Only $1 installed! Then just $5/month per receiver! (With 6-month commitment to VOOM programming)
• Add 4th, 5th and 6th receivers: each $49 installed and $5/month
• Get our Upgrade Offer (2-months of FREE HBO, Cinemax,Showtime, & STARZ!)
• Get 1-Year FREE subscription to Sound & Vision Magazine, the leading magazine for home theater shoppers and enthusiasts.

Calvin&Hobbes said:
So does this mean they extended the $1 installation past march 1? I couldn't find a date on it. I'm moving out of this apartment into a townhouse at the end of March and I'll finally have line of sight.

Back in June, I knew I would be moving into a new house in July, but the promotion at the time would be expiring at the end of June.

I called Voom in June, placed my order for July and set up my installation date for July and got the promotion.

I don't see why your situation is any different.

Call them and see!!

I just contacted them back, they said for some reason, I never got entered into their system for an install, hence my contract was void so they signed me up for the 2 months free. Also said they had a bunch of new channels coming, Discover Home HD, Science Channel, National Geographics, CMT, GAC, Fox Movies, all in HD.

ALso stated they had just hired 60 new CSR's.

sprintcarcrazy said:
Also said they had a bunch of new channels coming, Discover Home HD, Science Channel, National Geographics, CMT, GAC, Fox Movies, all in HD.

ALso stated they had just hired 60 new CSR's.

That's wild :D but I will believe it when I see it. ;)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)