Voom has jerked us around, time to drop them

dziko

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 18, 2004
I would like for all Voom subs to drop VOOM ASAP. I just did the infomersal for them(three for 1$) I just found out that they will be gone with in 60 days or sooner. I had my dishnetwork system on dish pause they give you up to six months to come back with out any charge. I have my PVR and I love it and I have everything I had with Voom except the HD. Please dont get me wrong I realy loved Voom and I will miss them. I feel jilted and I guess bitter. Better to move on insted of draging this out.

dziko said:
I would like for all Voom subs to drop VOOM ASAP. I just did the infomersal for them(three for 1$) I just found out that they will be gone with in 60 days or sooner. I had my dishnetwork system on dish pause they give you up to six months to come back with out any charge. I have my PVR and I love it and I have everything I had with Voom except the HD. Please dont get me wrong I realy loved Voom and I will miss them. I feel jilted and I guess bitter. Better to move on insted of draging this out.
Okay, so you feel jilted and bitter. What does that have to do with me? I'm gonna go right on enjoying my programming as long as I can (or want), regardless of the desires of a bitter, jilted dziko who feels a call for everyone to dump Voom ASAP is moving on "insted of draging this out."

60 days? I would like to know where that is stated also.

VOOM has been promising to have a DVR since JUNE 2004… I have been a subscriber since March 2004 I have been leasing my boxs….. I always thought they were holding out for the GOVT Flags and they were going to be A-Holes and make sure the FLAGS were in the DVR before they released it… The original Promise to us VOOMERS was that the DVR was going to have a FIREWIRE but that was BS being blown up our skirts.. I am getting very tired of all their LIES I think I may have to go back to cable.. With TWC at least they have all of Mr. Cubans HD programming

Sorry for the delay, I spoke to a person that I know at Cablevison. She told me that they would like to have it closed by 60 days. The are pumping out too much money.

It is time to move on, Cablevision has and so should we. If you want to keep enjoying the Voom service then go on. But this will just drag out the fact that Voom will be gone soon. I would also like to state that The Timm can continue to view Voom for as long as they will let him and I hope he enjoys it. I also feel that a personal attack is not the right thing to do. I am just express my thoughts on this matter; as are you and everyone els. Lets just keep it about Voom. I did say that I felt jilted, I was just letting you know I felt. I loved Voom and I will be sorry when they close.

dziko said:
It is time to move on, Cablevision has and so should we.
So should you. Speak for yourself.
dziko said:
If you want to keep enjoying the Voom service then go on.
Will do. Appreciate the permission.
dziko said:
But this will just drag out the fact that Voom will be gone soon.
I disagree. It'll just give me as much enjoyment from Voom as I can get.
dziko said:
I would also like to state that The Timm can continue to view Voom for as long as they will let him and I hope he enjoys it.
Um...thanks again.
dziko said:
I also feel that a personal attack is not the right thing to do.
I agree. So where was the personal attack?
I'm awfully sorry if I offended by describing you as a "jilted, bitter dziko", but those are your adjectives, not mine.
dziko said:
I am just express my thoughts on this matter; as are you and everyone els.
Actually, you were calling for all Voom subs to drop Voom ASAP, unless I misinterpret the words, "I would like for all Voom subs to drop VOOM ASAP", which is possible. If you were indeed just expressing your wants and not trying to tell me what to do, fine. My bad. Ever so sorry.
dziko said:
Lets just keep it about Voom. I did say that I felt jilted, I was just letting you know I felt.
Agreed. But I was under the impression you were trying to talk all Voom subs into dropping Voom, which I don't like -- so I was just letting you know how I felt.
dziko said:
I loved Voom and I will be sorry when they close.
Me, too. But you won't actually still be here, will you? Or is it just all the other Voom subs you want to drop Voom ASAP? :D

Basically, the point of my post was that just because you feel jilted and bitter isn't necessarily reason for everyone else to jump ship. It appears that the ship is going down fast, and many of us want to enjoy the ride as long as we can. So feel bitter. Feel jilted. But why would it make you feel better for everyone to drop Voom? Move on , already. :p

first of all why the rush

dziko said:

wait to see what happens. You may get special offers from competitors, and in the meantime will enjoy HD while it lasts

I got Voom with the free hardware and installation. I didn't get rid of dish, but downgraded to avoid duplication

Leaving now before the game is over provides no advantage. What do you have to lose?

No hard feelings .....

I have had VOOM since last February. Loosing all that great HD programming will be a drag, but I don't feel slighted whatsoever. I did my research before signing up and knew I was taking a bit of a risk - it was worth it - it still is. I added HD content to my cable service yesterday for a minimal fee in case I loose VOOM any time soon. Now I have HDnet and HDnet Movies - a nice companion to my VOOM programming. And if you are wondering, the cable HD looks terrific. I get 10 HD channels(5 of them local) and they offer HBO and MAXHD as well. And I now have a DVR that will record HD from the cable signal. We may loose the VOOM provider but I believe that we will get all the HD content we desire in the future. For now I will enjoy the 40+ HD channels I receive via VOOM and Cable.

Cheers

Unfortunately, "gross67", you have hit the nail on the head by pointing out "I get 10 HD channels (5 of them local)". Currently, we get all our local HD OTA and would be only getting 5 more HD channels which ain't much.

This is why will will miss VOOM. At least 1/2 of all our TV viewing is on the VOOM exclusives.

Still watching HDTV while we got it under lightly raining Seattle skies, Gill

dziko said:
Sorry for the delay, I spoke to a person that I know at Cablevison. She told me that they would like to have it closed by 60 days. The are pumping out too much money.

I am sure it is a boardmember of Cablevision, and that this person knows what is going on in the boardroom. Right? There is a lot going on, based on all the things I saw happening the last week. We are all just speculating. Let's keep that in mind. It is all speculation and it seems that a bunch of people are just repeating over and over the same rumors and facts. The real fact is, unless your name is Chuck, James or Tom Dolan and/or you're a board member at Cablevision, you just don't know what is going on, excep for the hard fact that Echostar bought Rainbow1 and the new uplink center in S.D. That's all there is. And can we just keep it that way for now, because I am getting tired of people telling me what to do or how I should feel about this.

They sold the uplink center in S.D, and Rainbow1 don't they need this? The person I spoke to has the inside track and I trust them. I hope what you guys are saying is true and they last. I will miss them, I have activated by Dishnetwork system. NO HD but I hope they will buy the programing from Voom. Like Monsters, FU and the rest of the 21 org. It is a sad day for me, and I guess that I am just depressed by what has happened to Voom. I realy was very pro Voom and I feel they (Cablevision) messed us up. It just came out of blue for me.

Dziko, I am not saying Voom will be there nor it won't be there. We just don't know. By the way, as far as know, they are not currently utilizing the uplink center in S.D. As far as I know, they were still building this one.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)