VOOM IN CANADA

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

DCXFORDGM

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 18, 2003
Called voom today, informed them I would like there service. Informed
them of where I live, outside of toronto but also have a house in upstate
new york and they said that was ok. This weekend looks like I am going
down to the nearest usa sears store. Looking forward to joining the voom
forum and I will be posting set-up pictures and install.

DCXFORDGM

DCXFORDGM,

Welcome! you'll be the first to do it from Canada. Are you planning to set it up in Canada or NY? Please post all the details... Thanks...

Hey sean, thank-you for welcoming me. I will be setting voom up
in markham, just outside of toronto. I am going to install voom myself, I
have something in common with voom already I just purchased and
installed myself a starchoice dsr500 which is the same set-top box and found it very easy to install, had to wait about hour for download to
occur. My only concern with voom is it seems that even installers
have trouble finding rainbow 1. I hope it will not be too hard, I will keep
this forum up to date on my install and set-up with pictures. I tell you I just can't wait to see 39 HDTV channels on my tv.

DCXFORDGM

Did VOOM sell you the equipment to do a self-installation or are you going to let them install in NY and then take the equipment and install it in Canada?

I just came back from detroit, very hard to find a private installer or
sears for that matter to sell me a system without install, but we came
to a deal with a installer. Did not have any trouble coming over border, box looks exactly like my STARCHOICE DSR500 to the tee. I asked him
if voom was making a bigger dish, any satellite system I purchase I
always go for the bigger dish. He said wasn't sure, he had inistalled less
than a handfull but said this set-up out peforms DIRECTV/DISH and all
CABLE companys.

MY install will take place after I learn where to point dish and when I have time after hoildays.

DCXFORDGM

You are the first one to do a self-installed

Excuse me?...I was SUPPOSED to get a pro install, but had to do it completely myself cause neither of the installers sent to my house had a clue.....did everything myself with my brothers help, the assigned installers just handed me the equipment and left cause they didn't have a clue how to do the install

JaydeeD said:
You are the first one to do a self-installed

Excuse me?...I was SUPPOSED to get a pro install, but had to do it completely myself cause neither of the installers sent to my house had a clue.....did everything myself with my brothers help, the assigned installers just handed me the equipment and left cause they didn't have a clue how to do the install

Sorry, JaydeeD

Yes, I have forgotten that you were the first one to do it. I guess, DCXFORDGM will be the first one to do it from Canada (I think this is what I meant to say but it did not come out that way). Sorry again... :oops:

You can always get a 24" dish from Dish Depot. Almostr doubled my finicky voom reception.

when you activated the receiver, did you call from canada to activate it? and did you supply them with a u.s address? were you forced to hook it up to the phoneline? i heard voom is doing this currently, just interested to see i'd be interested in myself to drive over the border to buffalo,ny to pick one up.

DCXFORDGM you're luckily can you tell me the dealer you dealt with over the border buffalo,ny that you dealed with i don't think anyone sells the unit without the install which is a major problem getting voom in canada and another problem is even if you buy it used they won't activate it for you has to be a first time buyer.

Well, not everybody gets the "pro install" as I had the guys drop off my boxes at my office and I installed them myself. I also installed my best friend's Voom system.

Hello DCXFORDGM I am surprised you did not come into Port Huron to get your Voom equipment.. I know it takes me about 3 1/2 hours to get to Lake Simcoe which is north of Toronto.. One more thing if you need anything let me know because I will be heading up to Lake Simcoe in the city of Pefferlaw October 8th thru the 11th..I just thought I might save you some driving.. Cya Slick

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)