canadian voomers speak in here..

weagle

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Apr 20, 2004
I was planning to get voom in canada, had my vonage like broadband New York number I can call from to Voom, I was planning on renting a u.s post office box to get my bills but now I hear its impossible since voom forces the installer to bring the unit to the house. Is there any way I can go to a satellite store in the states (buffalo, ny over the border) pickup the unit myself/install myself then ask the sat dealer to activate it for me with my u.s address? Voom sounds like a cool service two reasons the regular basic alone is great seeing there are tonnes of HD movies (old ones of course), concerts and stuff that you see on PBS which I like, what sucks up here in canada and what is good in canada is we only get the LOCALS nbc/cbs/abc/fox/pbs east/west coast everything else sucks for example our hbo/showtime/starz/movie channel is just one hd channel and it sucks it only plays maybe one or two movies per day and repeats them throughout the month other hours its just is blank showing nothing, and this months schedule of movies is almost the same as last months which makes me wonder why the heck would one want to subscribe to a movie channel that shows very little and the exact same stuff in 2 months and I know hbo/showtime and the rest in usa constantly show all movies in hd format meaning they spent the money to convert all their movies to HD so they can have them on their hd channels. Discovery Canada HD ain't the same as discovery usa hd maybe one hd program every second day as oposed to the u.s. version shows lots of hd programs per day. So either way i get voom or vavavoom it will be a super extension to what i have already.

i only saw one person post their reply about voom here i would like to see if any other canadian up here as successfully installed voom and want to see if it was possible to do the self install and get the dealer in states to activate it for you?

just another question if one changes addresses does that mean voom has to send another installer to another address? and if one changes their name on their account i'm assuming voom will never reactivate it? (I am hearing the used voom boxes can't be activated because of this?)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)