Voomers vs Non-Voomers "Have at it"

Maybe I'm missing something but I would question C.D. motives if I were a stockholder. I understand the people that have voom want voom to stay alive. I have no problem with that and I'm not a stock holder but I wonder what they have to say. It seem to me from what I have heard that the CV stock isn't doing so well and that is what the board is there to do protect the stock holders. It seems that CD has thrown everyone else to the wind and has a chip on his shoulder to keep it alive. The question then becomes for how long? How deep are his pockets since it hasn't looked like anybody else is stepping up? Also I would have thought that CD saw this coming why did he wait until the final hour to try and put finacing together or bid on R-1 and Blackhawk facility himself? Did he really think that they wouldn't sell it to try and recope some money?

These are just some of my thoughts and questions. I know that I'm not the best informed person on this situation and if something is stated or asked wrong sorry. Your thought on the questions would be helpful.

Shawn

Ive always wondered about the fairness of the ST contracts. Rupert owns FOX, FOX covers many of the NFL games. Rupert owns D*. D* gets the contract. Does Ruperts ownership of FOX and D* give him some kind of unfair advantage compared to the other providers? I think its something the Govt should investigate IMO.

vurbano said:
Ive always wondered about the fairness of the ST contracts. Rupert owns FOX, FOX covers many of the NFL games. Rupert owns D*. D* gets the contract. Does Ruperts ownership of FOX and D* give him some kind of unfair advantage compared to the other providers? I think its something the Govt should investigate IMO.

D* had the NFL-ST contract LONG before Rupert purchased D*. IMHO D* got the contract since they were willing to put up the $'s for it where E* wouldn't spend that kind of $'s and V* has no bandwidth to do that and no $'s to spend.

rad said:
D* had the NFL-ST contract LONG before Rupert purchased D*. IMHO D* got the contract since they were willing to put up the $'s for it where E* wouldn't spend that kind of $'s and V* has no bandwidth to do that and no $'s to spend.

NFL ST must not be "compelling content" for E* :yes

salsadancer7 said:
Bet that IF VOOM was on stable ground...there would have been a biding war for that package!

it was put for bid, echostar bid was a joke, comcast stayed until directv bid 2.1 BILLION, then they dropped. nfl isnt going anywhere as long as directv has life in it, for gods sake, a bidding war, LOL. dolan isnt worth that much!!!

DRAGON

lee espinoza said:
I just want voom/doom to die, I am a big D* fan

Ok,now Voomers you have pulled in every witch way (V*s dead, no wait V*s not, no wait it is) now can you "like" a company that does that to you?

Voom aka primestar #2

a sat company should never be owned by a cable company NEVER

LOL!!!! Voom = Primestar, the next generation.

Not that I am against Voom, I just think that is funny. But I have to agree that a sat. company should not be owned by a cable company. I mean come on now. Don't satellite and cable companies try to out do each other? It's like having a person named Charles and one named Jim living under the same roof.........oh wait......

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)