Voomers vs Non-Voomers "Have at it"

I would like to add a #7 to klen's list:
7) People that just have wayyyy to much time on their hands.

I said this on another thread when I got tired of having to wade through tons of criticism, complaining and arguing to try to get some news (and was smoked as "ranting" when actually it my first frustrated comment on that particular subject). I like VOOM and I am very interested in what is going on. However, I don't have a lot of time to devote to reading this forum. It seems to me that there is a group of approx. 10-20 people who consistently use up to much "bandwidth" here and need to get a life beyond this VOOM forum. I know that isn't going to happen , so I think I'll make use of the "add to ignore" list to make my time on this forum more useful and enjoyable (and if I've hit a nerve with some of you... and you know who you are... then feel free to add me to your ignore list).

That said , my thanks to all of you who offer truly worthy and useful information.

bobaphx said:
I would like to add a #7 to klen's list:
7) People that just have wayyyy to much time on their hands.

I said this on another thread when I got tired of having to wade through tons of criticism, complaining and arguing to try to get some news (and was smoked as "ranting" when actually it my first frustrated comment on that particular subject). I like VOOM and I am very interested in what is going on. However, I don't have a lot of time to devote to reading this forum. It seems to me that there is a group of approx. 10-20 people who consistently use up to much "bandwidth" here and need to get a life beyond this VOOM forum. I know that isn't going to happen , so I think I'll make use of the "add to ignore" list to make my time on this forum more useful and enjoyable (and if I've hit a nerve with some of you... and you know who you are... then feel free to add me to your ignore list).

That said , my thanks to all of you who offer truly worthy and useful information.

sweet post, now maybe an anti vicki type button :rolleyes:

I just want voom/doom to die, I am a big D* fan

Ok,now Voomers you have pulled in every witch way (V*s dead, no wait V*s not, no wait it is) now can you "like" a company that does that to you?

Voom aka primestar #2

a sat company should never be owned by a cable company NEVER

you forgot people that install voom and realize what a pain it and ya'll are

lee espinoza said:
I just want voom/doom to die, I am a big D* fan

If you are a big D* fan, what does it matter to you if Voom dies or not? I'm a big Beatles fan, but I don't want the Rolling Stones to die.

Jamey K said:
If you are a big D* fan, what does it matter to you if Voom dies or not? I'm a big Beatles fan, but I don't want the Rolling Stones to die.
V* is owned by a cable company, I don't like sat companys that are owned cable companey thats why I am happy Primestar is dead.

if V* was not owned by a cable company from the start I would be like "Go V*"

lee espinoza said:
V* is owned by a cable company, I don't like sat companys that are owned cable companey thats why I am happy Primestar is dead.

if V* was not owned by a cable company from the start I would be like "Go V*"

DBS providers are really just cable providers in the sky, not much of a difference. But hey - to each his own. :D

I for one am not comfortable with DBS providers owned by right-wing fanatics, so I would never give my business to D* ;)

txdude said:
DBS providers are really just cable providers in the sky, not much of a difference. But hey - to each his own. :D

I for one am not comfortable with DBS providers owned by right-wing fanatics, so would never give my business to D* ;)
Not to me, To me Cable and DBS are not one in the same. The thing about RM made me LOL:)

the ONLY thing that D* has over anybody is the football package...that is IT.....and remember, if I am not mistaken, that contract ends after this or next NFL season....I have what I want with VOOM....anything MORE is icing on the cake!

salsadancer7 said:
the ONLY thing that D* has over anybody is the football package...that is IT.....and remember, if I am not mistaken, that contract ends after this or next NFL season....I have what I want with VOOM....anything MORE is icing on the cake!

The Good Ol NFL Sunday Ticket... NOT! I missed 6 of the first Packers games of the season this last year because of their "newly enforced" blackout policy, when I can't get station 1 of the networks in the hills! $175 for the Ticket + not being able to get OTA networks = the reason I switched to VOOM. In my case The NFL Sunday Ticket is a rip off! I'll never go to DTV again. And as far as the NFL is concerned.. I'm a die hard packers fan, but the NFL's blackout policy is UNFAIR to a good many people that live in the Hills or Mountains. And they see no reason to change that blackout policy. They are making a fortune in spite of it!

Let's see. In my case that is $175 for 10 games = $17.50 per game. That is not per month. That is per game. No way are they going to take my hard earned cash for that, when I'm losing 6 games per season with no opportunity to recoup my loss!

I'm still hanging on to D* for the NFL package, but I added 2 more Voom receivers so (if they survive) I'll mainly just watch Voom.

I have the HD package on D* also, and it's a joke compared to Voom. If Voom looks like it's a go, I'll probably drop the HD package on D* and just get the bare minimum package to keep it going until the NFL season. I'd have already dropped their HD package if Voom had HDNet and HDNM. But I won't really miss those channels too much since there's so much more to watch on Voom.

salsadancer7 said:
2010 huh? And if you love HD like Voomer do....you must LOVE D* great HD package huh?

that is correct , it was just renegotiated late last year.
nfl ticket is an exclusive on directv thru 2010

dragon

Hey all you VoOm Doomers. Today is April 1st I am still VoOming. So neener neener neener :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)