The Deal From Dish for Voomers Not That Great

truggy0 said:
Ok I am hooked up...
2 Free dvr's

No start up fee.........Be persistant...It works...
I got everything I wanted with no upfront cost.....

Are those SD or HD DVRs? If the latter then you scored big!!!

CDH.

I am waiting for mpeg4, just the reg dvr's, I never had one before, so I am excited.I got 2

So if I wanted to sign up for just the HD pack ...not being a Dish customer ....and a former VOOMer , I would pay 10 bucks for the HD pack plus 5 for the VOOM ch's and then another 5 for not having a base pack...for 20 bucks a mth I can get like 15 HD ch's. I would need a dish pointing at 61.5...which I have already and 119? for the Dish HD ch's? 119 or 110? Do I have everything correct? To do the above I would have to own the equipment already.

truggy0 said:
I am waiting for mpeg4, just the reg dvr's, I never had one before, so I am excited.I got 2

Sounds good! Can the SD DVRs "see" the HD channels, even if only at a 480i resolution?

CDH.

I only have one hdtv, so it worked out great.Thanks for all the help guys..Install date isnt until the 9th...Oh well its worth the wait

Last night I called the 800 # for E* and the csr told me repeatedly to call back later. Looks like cable will get my business on Monday.

truggyO...
"I got the start up fee waved due to club number"
What is "club number"??

Im sure a member would gladly give you there number..it hooks up both of you.

I just don't trust any company that won't put speical offer in print

The Free Dish offer, keeps changing the one constant is that it's not free and there are lots of extra charges for dishes and installation and hd receivers at the very least it's about $ 250.00 or more in installation and Dish fees for this so called free conversion offer :(

Simply put I want it in writing especially when it involved a 12 to 24 month commitment on my part :no

I'm not sure if Dish even knows them self exactly what their offer really is .... :eek:

but never the less, I will believe it when I see it in writing no verbal :confused:

Voomster :rainbow

I think Dish will see what the response will be with this promotion and if it is not what they want it to be they will offer a better deal on down the road (especially when DirecTv comes out with all of their HD channels).

yeah! and in 2008 when that happens, it will DEFINITELY put the screws to Dish!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)