VOOm in Wisconsin

redneck417

Original poster
Mar 7, 2005
I am new to this but was wondering ? Anyone from WI on here and anybody have problems with voom

I am from wisconsin and I had Voom installed on 3-25, had a great install and now have a awesome picture. I am however 50-70 miles from any local ota signal so I decided to not have the installer put in a ota antenna. I am looking at some that I will be purchasing or I will continue to receive my locals from charter.

timbuckone said:
I am however 50-70 miles from any local ota signal so I decided to not have the installer put in a ota antenna. I am looking at some that I will be purchasing or I will continue to receive my locals from charter.
You know you can get an upgraded OTA antenna for free, right?

I'm 40-50 miles from the towers (in the Twin Cities, not WI), and get every OTA channel with the basic antenna. I would have requested the upgraded antenna if needed though...

redneck417 said:
I am new to this but was wondering ? Anyone from WI on here and anybody have problems with voom

I have been vooming in La Crosse since last May.
I only have heard of one other person around me that has Voom and they are in Onalaska, to the north of me. I have not seen any other Voom dishes. Where I am, I have had a big problem in getting my NBC station from Eau Claire, which is about 58 miles away. The other NBC station is in Rochester, which is about 60 miles from La Crosse.
I tried and was aproved for an upgraded antenna, but the installer was more interested in talking me into switching to Dish. I reported this to Voom, but never heard back from them. I will put up my own second antenna, a ChannelMaster 4228, if it arrives this weekend in an attempt to get the Eau Claire station.

Sheboygan

I have been Vooming since February of this year and love it.

I am in Sheboygan about 45-50 miles from Green Bay or Milwaukee. After running separate lines from the antenna and dish, and boosting the OTA signal with an amplifier from Radiosnatch I now get all the major networks from either Green Bay or Milwaukee; sometimes even Grand Rapids, MI.

elocs said:
Eau Claire, which is about 58 miles away. The other NBC station is in Rochester, which is about 60 miles from La Crosse.

Actually, Rochester is 72 miles from La Crosse and Eau Claire is 100 miles away. I can receive the Rochester NBC station, but have never gotten the Eau Claire station OTA. Apparently there is a booster tower across the river from us for the Rochester station. I get Rochester better in southside La Crosse than I did in north La Crosse. Go figure!

Charise said:
Actually, Rochester is 72 miles from La Crosse and Eau Claire is 100 miles away. I can receive the Rochester NBC station, but have never gotten the Eau Claire station OTA. Apparently there is a booster tower across the river from us for the Rochester station. I get Rochester better in southside La Crosse than I did in north La Crosse. Go figure!

Without being exact, what I meant is that I am not close to an NBC station for hd. To be exact, Rochester is 73.03 miles from La Crosse and Eau Claire is 83.59 miles away (Mapquest). But what I care about is how far their towers are from me with Rochester at 65 miles and Eau Claire at 58 miles. Rochester also broadcasts a uhf signal on channel 67 only 6.7 miles from La Crosse, so a sd NBC channel is easily received here. Now if they only broadcast their hd signal from 6.7 miles from me, that would be great :)

To find out about all of the stations up to 150 miles from you, try this website:
www.2150.com/broadcast/default.asp
It will tell you how to get your latitude and longitude, which is all you need. Tip: enter longitude numbers with a (-) minus sign in front of it. It is interesting and informative.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)