VOOM infomercial

Our local PAX just started broadcasting digitally, but not HD. HDTV owners may not watch PAX for content, but I suspect there are others like me who will surf only the known digital channels. I am guessing the commercial itself was not in HD?

I can't get PAX, but I personally think they need to stop the informercial, it's a waste. They should do regular TV commercials but maybe they're too expensive?

Not a good sign

My old marketing professor always said that once a product reached infomercial status, it was most of the time like throwing in the towel in a sense. Thats not to say that VOOM is doomed, but it is most definitely not a good omen.

rasecane1 said:
My old marketing professor always said that once a product reached infomercial status, it was most of the time like throwing in the towel in a sense. Thats not to say that VOOM is doomed, but it is most definitely not a good omen.

Back when I was in college I went to see a lecture given by ROn Popiel. You know the inventor of the food dehydrator and other stuff.

One of the things he talked about was the type ofproductand the audience you are trying to reach. He said "retail is death" for my products.

VOOM infomercials: Multiple Locations!

riffjim4069 said:
The infomercial is playing on WUSA-DT (CBS digital) in the Washington DC area at this moment...

It's a new infomercial, with new pricing, but same actor and actress...

VOOM infomercials air not just OTA (in fact, WUSA-TV/DT aired it again, this time on *Saturday afternoon*, in a half-hour block prior to the Home Depot/SEC College GOTW), but even on basic cable (so far, I've seen their infomercial on *four* different basic cable channels in October alone, including, oddly enough, Albritton Communications' NewsChannel8, which is carried *only* on cable, as opposed to satellite).

Does it seem strange to *anyone else* for cable/satellite companies to, in effect, sell advertising to the competition....or is it just me?

The cable/satellite companies are not the ones selling the advertising time. Networks and independent stations are free to negotiate their own deals with advertisers, and everyone's money is green. Voom controls their own exclusives, so it would be highly unlikely to ever see any advertising from the competition on those channels, but everything else is fair game.

goober22 said:
I just saw a 30 minute infomercial on FoodTV this morning. It had a couple of voomers talking about the service.
I wonder if this is the deal I tried to get in on? The offer where they gave you 6 months free service for doing a testimonial.

DarrellP said:
I wonder if this is the deal I tried to get in on? The offer where they gave you 6 months free service for doing a testimonial.

I was wondering the same thing. It had a couple talking about it and then I saw a single guy. I didn't get to see it all. It looked like they also showed the service to a group of individuals and got their responses about it.

It was hosted by a girl & guy team. In one part the guy says that another area Voom excels in is customer service, "from the 1st time you call you'll see why its 2nd to none". After reading the posts here, I had to laugh at that part.

Overall it seemed pretty good.

I saw a Voom commercial the other night on channel 4 here in DFW after the news. This is our local Fox station. I had to look twice to make sure I was really seeing it on channel 4.

Bob

I saw the tail end of a Voom infomercial on PAX last night, it had a very pretty woman with long brunette hair, is this the one you guys are seeing?

They had another new infomercial running on one of the Baltimore stations earlier this morning (WJZ-DT). I must admit the production value is getting better all the time. It's too bad they don't have more VOOM Company installers like they do in South Florida!

Anyway, if I just purchased a HDTV and saw this ad, I would be inclined to try VOOM under their new promotion offer. It really did a good job of selling the product.