Voom Install - A bust. Thanks Voom.

aychamo

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jun 3, 2004
I just wanted to post. I had an install scheduled 2 weeks in advance, took off work in the afternoon, and no one came. I called Voom, they had no clue, the installer never updated anything, they had no idea what was going on.

What a crock. This is bull to schedule appointments and then don't show up. They said that they would reschedule with the *same* installer who never contacted me or contacted Voom in the first place. Yeah, I'm going to miss out on another afternoon's revenue for that.

I'm looking for a different satelite service now.

Yeah, happens a lot. I tried to tell someone to put in a FAQ somewhere that you shouldn't take off work :). I lost 2 days of PTO because of VOOM.

You might want to send "Wilt Hildenbrand" wilth@optonline.net an email. If you are still interested in getting it, he can probably escalate this and make sure that everything goes well.

Don't schedule anything on work days.... Weekends.

vurbano said:
If you find one with more than 6 HD channels let me know

not to be a dink, but I'll answer it
Bell ExpressVu
CBC HD
CTV HD
CBC HD
NBC HD
ABC HD
FOX HD (or whatever it is)
PBS. HD
PPV HD (x2)
PPV French HD
TSN HD
Movie Network HD
WGN HD

That's 13...You have both E & W feeds add 5 more :)

vurbano said:
If you find one with more than 6 HD channels let me know

You forgot 'worth watching' in your question. But yeah, I'll let you know if I do.

Why don't you reschedule for a weekday and stay at work. Ever heard of a consumer "no-show"? Me either. I just made it up.

ChetK said:
Why don't you reschedule for a weekday and stay at work. Ever heard of a consumer "no-show"? Me either. I just made it up.

Kramer did it on a episode of Seinfeld :rolleyes: Believe he was avoiding the cable guy. It was hilarious. :D

Iceberg, outside of voom, expressvu has the most hd. Being a customer I noticed one thing, you are most likely on nimiq 2 and can see the channels but can't see the picture because you need a 6000, I take it you have a open card, it's the only way you would see this using a 5800, 5900 or a 3100, I am correct wright.

I have had nothing but headaches trying to get voom installed. It started yesterday when I was trying to contact someone to confirm that I was still scheduled for the 16th. Getting through to someone in customer service was imposible. After being on hold for 8 minutes they tell you to call back some other time and hang up. I did this 6 times in my office, plus an other 5 times on my commute home. I pressed 1 for a call back a few times, still waiting. I sent numerous emails that have not been returned either. Pissed off to no end I gave up for a few hours. Last evening I called back and instead of going thru to customer service I went to the sales line. I actually got to speak to a live person. I imediately asked to talk to a supervisor. I was then placed on hold for 15 minutes. I hung up and called back and demanded to talk to a supervisor and not be put on hold. A woman named Shanon came on the line and I told her I needed to get thru to customer service. She put me on hold. After 20 minutes on hold I picked up my cell and called them back, a little irritated I might add, to see what the hell was going on. They were clueless, I was put on hold again. I was now listening to that crap Musak in stereo! It was kind of surreal. An hour passed and I was finally connected to a customer service supervisor. Come to find out they had only taken down my home telephone number, even though I had explained to them when I set up my Install that my cell phone and email were the ways to get a hold of me. The local install company had been trying for 3 days to contact me to confirm but I was never home(no machine) and they didnt have my cell. I called them and was told that I had been bumped from my original date and they could not give me new date/time. I called a direct line to the supervisor I had previously talked to. She got a hold of Installs Inc. and we had a 3 way call. He assured me that he was going to talk to the local company and get me back on the schedule for today. I told him to have some please call me this morning so that I could know if I still needed to take off work. No one called. I called the local install company and left 4 messages. They called me back at my house!!!!! I called Installs Inc and talked to someone who said they had been in contact with the local company today and that they had me scheduled for my original time slot. I leave work, get home and the local company calls my cell finally and say that they dont know if they can get here today. She is also like dont call anyone else (Installs Inc) to tell them your problem, there is nothing they can do to help. So here I sit no voom and now I dont even know if its worth the trouble.

you might want to do what sean suggested

You might want to send "Wilt Hildenbrand" wilth@optonline.net an email. If you are still interested in getting it, he can probably escalate this and make sure that everything goes well.

Don't schedule anything on work days.... Weekends.

I was told that weekends were not available. I tried like heck to get in done on a weekend so I didnt have to miss work. Who is Wilt Hildenbrand?

DCXFORDGM said:
Iceberg, outside of voom, expressvu has the most hd. Being a customer I noticed one thing, you are most likely on nimiq 2 and can see the channels but can't see the picture because you need a 6000, I take it you have a open card, it's the only way you would see this using a 5800, 5900 or a 3100, I am correct wright.

Nope
Using a legit subscribed 3100. No HD. I took the info off of Lyngsat :)
The only channels I get on N2 are MuchMoreRetro, CoolTV, MuchLoud, SilverScreenClassics, Euronews, and the 5 music channels (Mostly Music theme)

Iceberg said:
Nope
Using a legit subscribed 3100. No HD. I took the info off of Lyngsat :)
The only channels I get on N2 are MuchMoreRetro, CoolTV, MuchLoud, SilverScreenClassics, Euronews, and the 5 music channels (Mostly Music theme)
I'm very jealous. I have thought about getting Star Choice or BEV. I already get 2 HD networks and the other 2 are not coming anytime soon, but I still can't bring myself to lay-out what they want for an HD receiver for only 2 channels. Although I am also intersted in seeing Canada's night time programming ;)

Iceberg said:
not to be a dink, but I'll answer it
Bell ExpressVu
CBC HD
CTV HD
CBC HD
NBC HD
ABC HD
FOX HD (or whatever it is)
PBS. HD
PPV HD (x2)
PPV French HD
TSN HD
Movie Network HD
WGN HD

That's 13...You have both E & W feeds add 5 more :)
Actually I get 7 OTA for free. What all that cost you including reciever? No espnhd? or hbohd?

TSN is their ESPN.

Eboss said:
I was told that weekends were not available. I tried like heck to get in done on a weekend so I didnt have to miss work. Who is Wilt Hildenbrand?

VP Engineer at VOOM. Send him an email and he will take care of this.

cyuhnke said:
I'm very jealous. I have thought about getting Star Choice or BEV. I already get 2 HD networks and the other 2 are not coming anytime soon, but I still can't bring myself to lay-out what they want for an HD receiver for only 2 channels. Although I am also intersted in seeing Canada's night time programming ;)

There's no way I'm getting HD through either Bell or *C until the prices come down
Bell wants $600US for a 6000!

vurbano said:
Actually I get 7 OTA for free. What all that cost you including reciever? No espnhd? or hbohd?

TSN is the Canadian version of TSN

HBO, Showtime, Cinemax, Starz, etc aren't allowed in Canada. The Movie Network would be the equivalent of HBO

ChetK said:
I did this to comcast and when I arrived home there was an STB on my doorstep and my cable was working. That was like 3 years ago, but man ... installers can be a PITA. There should be 2 hour install windows also. My installer for Voom (now cancelled) cost me a day of PTO also and took like 4.5 hours to do a 90-minute install. I could have easily accomplished in 90 minutes what took him so long.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)