VOOM is giving me a HEADACHE

pabasap

Original poster
Aug 25, 2005
I bought a voom box off ebay. Had been activated, and able to capture off air signals. I removed the diplexer, plugged in antenna, attached component and audio cables to my mits rptv 1080i, checked voom card, and plugged in power. Box powered on by itself. Screen fluctuated with dark colored lines, dots, and black. Tried voom-green-green with no change. Played around with remote, and I was able to see and get into set up menus only by holding in various buttons on remote. If I let go of button, screen would return to lines, dots, and black. Scanned for local channels, set resolution to 1080i, and was actually able to get picture on screen and sound, but only if I continue to hold in various buttons on remote. If I let go of button, screen would return to lines, dots, and black, but sound still plays. If I reset or unplug, box returns to preset settings(I assume from previous owner). Is there anything I can do to get this thing working right?

Well I figured it out. The voom was shipped in a box with no cushioning at all so it was jarred around and subsequently the internal components shifted causing the red button on the front of the box to stay jammed in the pushed in position. Once I released it everything worked fine.

Does anyone know where I can find an owners manual for the box or remote?

There is a red button under the door under the door on the front.

This button changes the video mode 480i/480p/720p/1080i. Do you get video on the 480i pull down outputs (composite / s-video / RF out)?

I would guess that it is outputing 720p and your TV doesn't like it. My TV will do 720p on it's ATSC tuner but 720p via component or DVI displays 'unusable signal' :wtf:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)