Voom local channels & TIVO (Help)

Link007

Original poster
Mar 8, 2005
I just got a Tivo box and have Voom as my provider. I can't get any channels under 100 on the guide? I can enter them manually but can't record. Can this be fixed or can I not record local channels with Voom - Tivo? Thanks

I do not have Tivo. Welcome to the board. Hopefully someone with Tivo will address your question. I suggest you to do a search for the word TIVO on this very forum to see if anyone had the same question or problem.

it can be done. but you will not have a program guide for the lower number local channels. do a seach for voom and series 2 tivo. i think it was barth2k that came up with the solution.

If you're not too concerned about guide info for locals and are willing to just set up manual recording then Barth2k's solution works very well.

However, if you follow SpeedyG's method here and there is a cable provider in your area who uses channel numbers in their line-up that match the OTA numbers then you *can* get guide information.

Sean Mota said:

For me it works for some channels (channels, 4, 7, and 13 in my area are the same on the cable system), but not for others (for example channel 21 is under 11, channel 40 is under 5 on the cable system's local channel mapping). So I have guide information for NBC, CBS, and ABC, but not for PBS, UPN, WB, or Fox.

One caveat: in order to try SpeedyG's method you will have to go through the initial set-up sequence again, including downloading via modem and processing the guide information. It takes quite a long time.

CDH.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)