VOOM, NBR and price increases

shadowman11

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 29, 2003
Aloha, Oregon
Well the Voom deal seems to fill in alot of the blanks regarding Dish, NBR and price increases. My guess is Charlie was ignoring us regarding his broken or mis-spoken NBR promises because he was knee deep in merger s***. The price increases of the last couple of years are being used to finance his expansion of Dish...more than covering programming price increases. This happened in a reverse fashion when Comcast bought AT&T broadband service and managed a significant price increase prior to the merger completion and another one shortly after they took over. :shocked One of the reasons I will never go back to Comcast cable TV.

One more time.... This is NOT a merger, simply a sell off of some assets. Namely a satellite and an uplink facility. Now, think this out. It costs upward to $600 million to put a satellite in the sky. If you don't think this is some smart business on Charlie's part, I don't think I want you to ever come near my money.

Bobby said:
One more time.... This is NOT a merger, simply a sell off of some assets. Namely a satellite and an uplink facility. Now, think this out. It costs upward to $600 million to put a satellite in the sky. If you don't think this is some smart business on Charlie's part, I don't think I want you to ever come near my money.

Merger/buyout what ever, I still don't like paying for it by price increases that are hidden as programming price increases. Last, I don't want get near YOUR money, I'll keep my germs to myself and you can do the same. I was a shareholder of Dish until last week, I don't have confidence in the way they used MY money :)

shadowman11 said:
Merger/buyout what ever,
Those words apply when companies buy or absorb each other. What E* is doing is simply purchasing a satellite, licenses and a ground center. They are NOT buying V*.

It would be like saying Wal*Mart was buying K-Mart if they bought one of K-Mart's old store sites or distribution centers.

JL

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)