Voom needs to Contact WQED Pittsburgh

Scotty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
I've had an email conversation with someone at WQED Pittsburgh about their psip problem (will be fixed sometime soon), and they said they have been trying to get in touch with someone who works at voom to talk about the inability of the voom receiver to display WQED Pittsburgh 13-3. Some seem to think it will be cleared up when the ota scan gets the same 13-3 PSIP as the current mapped 13-3, and the mapped channel gets replaced by the scanned channel. I guess we'll see in a little while after WQED fixes the PSIP being broadcast from 80-3 to 13-3. If it isn't fixed after that, is there some way that Sean can get Voom talking to WQED to fix this problem?

I rescan my channels every night checking to see if the psip is fixed from WQED, and I'll post a message here as soon as I see it change.

IS this related to why I can't get WQED? The signal strentgh is great, but it's all black/all the time. I get 2,11,22,and 53 no problem, but would love WQED too .
It maps to 13-3 , that's correct, right?

Did you give wilt's email to WQED? If you can give me an email of someone at WQED, I can send the information.

I have an email of someone at WQED but I didn't want to give it out, because this contact has been so good about replying to me and explaining problems, or just shooting the breeze about the quality of service, etc. I don't want them to be flooded by emails from this forum.

WQED has contact info here on their web site:

http://www.wqed.com/genl/contact.shtml

I'm sure someone at the switchboard number will get Wilt in touch with the HDTV Engineer to resolve this ongoing problem with us Voomers unable to get the station.

Thanks for the help!

WQED is off the air tonight. i usually get 94-96 signal strength and a blank screen, now it's no signal strength and a blank screen. They've been operating off a transmitter with no pisp, so they've been just carrying through the national feeds psip which is 80-3. I've been told that when they get their transmitter back from the shop, with the built in psip generator, that they will change the channel designation to 13-1 to see if we can get voom to pick it up. I hope they are back on the air soon and that it works. I miss my PBS! If it works, I'm going to make a nice contribution to WQED.