Voom News or just "generic" email

They go anywhere I am canceling Dish the next day. I would pay 20 for Voom only if MonstersHD is part of the package. FIOS is going to have their own dedicated channels why wouldnt Directv want to do the same to counter and quickly get to 150 HD channels. I just hope Voom gets their act together and allow companies to pick and choose.

Interesting questions.... Has VOOM improved their service? Are there still too many repeats? ....... Hopefully, the corp execs, at Voom will understand that to suceed, their product must keep pace in a competitive market.

We now know how good Voom was. Compared to 50% of the HD channels dish has now with little or no HD content and all the commercials on them - Voom was great. As for repeats - After just a few weeks of Smithsonian I viewed everything they have and have not seen anything new to date. Voom was a good value after all!

Voom is still expanding... (copied from AVS since they didn't provide a link to it)

VOOM HD AND INFINITE FRAMEWORKS SIGN HDTV PRODUCTION DEAL
Deal Will Strengthen HD Programming Around the Globe

Cannes, France – October 14, 2008
VOOM HD Holdings LLC, which distributes VOOM HD Networks, the world’s largest suite of high-definition programming, and Infinite Frameworks (IFW), have sealed a deal to co-produce and distribute up to $20 million worth of high-definition programming over the next five years. VOOM and IFW will each invest up to $10 million in production and post-production activities. The parties will collaborate with top production companies from around the world to create first-rate programming in genres as diverse as sports, art, lifestyle, fashion and music. All post-production on these projects will take place at IFW’s facilities in Singapore.

“Driven by the demands of a world increasingly hungry for quality high-definition content, VOOM’s objective is to not only supply the best in HD to the international marketplace, but to also seek out and identify producers in Asia and elsewhere whose content and vision complement our key brands,” said Greg Moyer, VOOM’s General Manager. “By collaborating with IFW, we are able to offer just that -- programming with both incredible viewer appeal and a natural synergy with the VOOM HD Networks suite of channels.”
“Infinite Frameworks has the distinct position to be VOOM’s co-production collaborator in the Asia Pacific region. This exceptional opportunity will enable Infinite Frameworks to add further value not only in the visual effects and post production areas but also to contribute as an executive producer, producer and distributor of world class high-definition content for a global audience,” said Mike Wiluan, Managing Director, Infinite Frameworks.

“We are looking forward to working on this strategic long-term relationship with VOOM on a variety of content from documentaries, animation to feature films and we shall strive to give the very best of the East to the West.”

Infinite Frameworks is supported in its programming endeavors by the Media Development Authority of Singapore, (MDA).
Added Dr Christopher Chia, MDA Chief Executive Officer: “We are delighted with VOOM's continued relationship with Singapore companies to produce high-definition factual content. The collaboration between VOOM and Infinite Frameworks dovetails with MDA's efforts to raise the capabilities of Singapore's media industry to finance, produce and distribute high quality content to a global
audience."

About Infinite Frameworks
IFW is a producer of award winning media and entertainment content comprising a full-fledged Post-
Production facility in Singapore, a dedicated Animation facility on Batam Island (Indonesia) and an
Executive Production and Content Management division that handle executive management, coproductions,
financing, distribution and IP acquisitions of content for TV, Digital platforms and
Feature films.

About VOOM HD Networks
The VOOM HD Networks comprise the world's largest suite of high-definition channels. VOOM HD
Networks carry programming produced exclusively in true high-definition and 5.1 Dolby® Digital
surround sound, in categories as diverse as sports, movies, fashion, music and art. The VOOM HD
Networks' 15 HDTV channels are available in the U.S. on Cablevision's iO digital cable service. A
24/7 global VOOM HD channel is widely distributed throughout Asia and Europe. Rush, its second
global channel, is distributed in the UK, the Republic of Ireland and Germany. Building on Rainbow
Media's history of original programming innovation, the VOOM HD Networks were developed by
Rainbow to meet the growing worldwide demand for quality high-definition programming.

I would think they would have the sense to not spend more money on programming if they thought that nobody would be watching soon.

We now know how good Voom was. Compared to 50% of the HD channels dish has now with little or no HD content and all the commercials on them - Voom was great. As for repeats - After just a few weeks of Smithsonian I viewed everything they have and have not seen anything new to date. Voom was a good value after all!

But I watch the other 50% a lot more than I ever watched Voom. The other 50% is also improving. And just because Smithsonian has endless repeats does not make it right. I enjoyed some Voom programming. However, there is a ton of room for improvement. And besides Monster's there has been little improvement. Can they at some point stop showing the same 26 episodes of UFO over and over? Had Voom spent the requisite amount on programming, they would still be on Dish.

The guy's question about Voom improvement is legitimate. It deserves a better answer than saying Voom didn't need to improve.