Voom on Dish 500

Only if you point the Dish 500 to the 61.5 or 129 satellite location.

Voom is not on the main sat locations of 110 & 119.

You would have the 44 hour guide, but the DVR's 9 day guide is only on the 110.

Since V* is currently only available on the 61.5 or the 129, you would need a D500 and a D300 for the 61.5 and a D1000 for the 129.

you can wire a lnbf on top side of dish 500 for 129 just leave dish 500 @current settings we are getting 75 doing this way this is poormans dish 1000 you will need 34 switch for dish pro or 64 with legency lnb. this will get you 3 satellites

does vooms dish work with dish network?

I was wondering if my voom dish that is on my roof will work along with the superdish to get voom channels? If soo how do you hook up?

Tiemyshew:

For what it's worth, I asked that question of the Dish CSR when I went from VOOM to Dish and was told "officially" that the roof-mounted VOOM dish would not receive VOOM channels from Dish Network. As a result, I have a Dish 500 and a Superdish, both mounted on ground pedestals.

Additional Info

Many thanks to all who have responded to my original post. Apologies for not stating earlier that I recently lost my VOOM channels and was trying to figure out whether they were received on the Dish 500 or the Superdish. So far I have learned that disconnecting the Dish 500 feed makes no difference in what other channels I receive. Does this mean by elimination that the VOOM channels were coming in on the Dish 500? If that is so, what might have happened to kill them ?

Due to the fact that the V* dishes used the D* style rectangular LNBs, they cannot be used with the E* D-Shaped LNB without modification. However, they can be used with a legacy system, since the V* LNB is 100% compatible with the legacy setups.

jrchip01 - since you have an SD, I am assuming that you have a D500 with a single DP LNB on it aimed at the 61.5. The V* channels are only on the 61.5 and the 129. Try running that dish directly into 1 receiver and see if you can repoint it to get signal. Good luck.

A while back when d* first got the V* there was no way for me to get them in WA state, due to the signals only being on the 61.5. I am reading in several posts the mention of them being on the 129. Is this true, and can I get at that sat from WA?

Happily watching VOOM again

One of my posts mentioned that I was trying to determine why I lost VOOM channels. Last week friend with a meter determined that I had no signal. I ran a test cable from the switch to the Dish 500. Voila! - a strong signal. He then asked if I done any yard work recently. YUP! He then started pulling up the buried cable until he got to the (you guessed it) point where it was severed. He installed some new barrel connectors and I waterproofed the joint and reburied the cable. Turns out the cable was well within the reach of a lawn aerator, so I now know to give the area around the dishes a wide berth when aerating the lawn!!!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts