VOOM OTA sensar II (amplified)

rolesdeiroi

Original poster
Sep 29, 2004
I recently had voom installed and i'm trying to get this stupid OTAworking. In my voom setting menu I get spikes of 81 then it shoots back down to 0. On the channel scan it will not pick up any locals. The amplifer for the sensar II is built in and the stb give the antenna power, I thought. I have tried moving this antenna as much as I can. The antenna is marked on the bottom with amplified. I have this antenna set a top my dish, can anyone shed some light on what I can do to fix this? Do I need a power supply of some sort running to the antenna? What is that motorola card inserted into the back of my voom receiver?

Thank you!

NOTE:I live in california and am located approxiamtely 35miles away from tv stations, accordoing to antennaweb.org

I had the same antenna and I suffered with it for three months until I finally had enough and called Voom for a replacement. The Winegard Sensar II is fine unless you have the possibility of multipath. It isn't very directional, so for some channels that are bouncing off of multiple surfaces you get the problem that you describe.

I had Voom upgrade the antenna to a Channel Master 4248 which I am very satisfied with. It is extremely sensitive and directional so I now don't need a signal amplifier and I also now don't have any multipath signal problems.

You can find a lot of information from local users in the "Voom in your area" forums. http://www.satelliteguys.us/forumdisplay.php?f=45

Check pictures in the STB FAQ. See if you have a diplexer attached. If you have a diplexer, then the power to the antenna pre-amp is provided by the STB (unless a wrong type of the diplexer or multiswitch is installed at the other end.)
If you do not have a diplexer, then you do need a standalone power supply for the antenna.

Welcome to the forum!

Power supply

So all I need is a PS-9370 from winegard to power this baby or do I need to use a preamplifier as well?

Thanks guys, you've given me great help!

If you have Sensar II (GS2000A), it should already have a pre-amp in it.
Yes, you need PS-9370 power supply, but only if you are not using diplexers!

Pre-install prep

OTA worked yesterday, dead now

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)