VOOM Programming NOT Impressive

Voom

Equator channel and rave, the concerts, are excellent! The weather coverage on HDNEWS is pretty good too and love the live CFL and Spanish league soccer is very good, did anyone notice the voom web site lately?They have a feature they call Voom Int'l and list it as coming soon, has anyone heard what that is all about...
ultra,treasure and a few others mean nothing to me!
do like the old flipper shows too!

I still have the $5 voom pack, its rare I find something to watch. Rave usually and sometimes the hd news channel. I'd probably drop the package if I could pick it up again later on.

I love the Monster and Kung-Fu channels. I also really like the HD concerts on RAVE, and catch other programs once in a while. Like others mentioned some content is good, some bad, but overall I'm pretty happy with Voom.

Those of you have never had VOOM may think you are seeing new and exciting programming, but old VOOMers are seeing the same old stuff-recycled and recycled and much poorer PQ, in addition. Very little "family" universal-appeal programming. Between Kung Fu, Film Fest and World, getting mostly Asian or off-beat stuff. Family Room is repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. Original VOOM did not have the Game Play channel--why would you want to watch that--when gamers are actually playing the games anyway?

Again, with MONSTER, etc, very little that the whole family can sit and watch together.

ddinsm said:
The FilmFest Bond month in June was damn impressive, sold all my Bond DVD's that same month....

I enjoyed seeing some of those Bond films as well, but that was ALL that was played on Filmfest for the whole month. 6-8 films just shown over and over and over...

I've found several great movies on FilmFest, but the overall schedule is worse than the regular premiums. As I recall Rainbow has a great library of films to choose from, and to just repeat less than a dozen movies throughout the month is largely a waste of a channel.

Big Rave fan here. Where else can you tune into HD concerts 24/7.

Watched KungFu Hd last night, most of those shows are a hoot !!

Jeff_R said:
I enjoyed seeing some of those Bond films as well, but that was ALL that was played on Filmfest for the whole month. 6-8 films just shown over and over and over...

mmm... more like 17 bonds films over and over and I did not get to watch them all... I watched 13 of them... I wish they could bring them back so I can watch the ones I missed.

I've found several great movies on FilmFest, but the overall schedule is worse than the regular premiums. As I recall Rainbow has a great library of films to choose from, and to just repeat less than a dozen movies throughout the month is largely a waste of a channel.

Filmfest has a great collection of movies as well as Monsters and WorldCinema. The collection is rare and unique that are not movies found on other networks. I wish I could say the same for FamilyRoom but I can't. KungFu HD is in between. It lacks more films but even there I haven't watched them all and I am a freak for movies... see my reviews....

bookwalk said:
Those of you have never had VOOM may think you are seeing new and exciting programming, but old VOOMers are seeing the same old stuff-recycled and recycled and much poorer PQ, in addition. Very little "family" universal-appeal programming. Between Kung Fu, Film Fest and World, getting mostly Asian or off-beat stuff. Family Room is repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat, repeat. Original VOOM did not have the Game Play channel--why would you want to watch that--when gamers are actually playing the games anyway?

Again, with MONSTER, etc, very little that the whole family can sit and watch together.

I am one of the original voomers and have watched their programming closely since they first launched. I have to disagree with you about FilmFest, Monsters, KungFu and WorldCinema. The only part I agree with you is FamilyRoom. There is very little in FamilyRoom but the others have a huge collection of movies in which every month more and more films are added. Whether they are not to everyone's taste that is another reason all together but the fact remains that they have been adding new content (especially films) like crazy... and these are films that are not found on any network (for the most parts)....

I'm overall fairly pleased with the Voom channels. Equator and Ultra are my favorites, and Gallery woud be good if they had more shows about architecture. Rave is sometimes good as well. I don't care much for the other channels, but Equator and Ultra have enough new shows to keep my interest.

Picture quality, however, is my biggest gripe. Very often it is on the verge of unwatchable, expecially Equator. Many shows have very poor contrast and a lot of compression artifacts.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts