Voom receiver??

prsat

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 5, 2004
Puerto Rico
Someone is selling a Voom receiver aroud here. Do they work? Can you suscribe with it? What is worth for? Just confused. Thanks for your advice :confused:

Someone is selling a Voom receiver aroud here. Do they work? Can you suscribe with it? What is worth for? Just confused. Thanks for your advice :confused:

If it was acticated and not deactivated you can use it as an HD tunner for you locals, however there's issues with some stations (wttw?) that will cause it to lock up. Mine works great when the cable is out... :) Voom is no longer providing satellite service via the voom reciever, they only provide HD content for dish subs..

i would personally think those would not work any more since Voom does not exist as it did them. to my understanding dish network offers voom channels but you have to subscribe to dish network to get them..

I have a couple of Voom receivers w/Winegard antenna (not amped). I collected them while I was working in Jacksonville right after Voom close down shop. I had heard that you could still use the receiver for pulling in the HD locals. I finally got a chance to try it this last weekend (stand alone). It does work but I was only able to get 2 channels and it was in HD but the antenna I have wasn't strong enough to pick up more..

Thanks!!!

i would personally think those would not work any more since Voom does not exist as it did them. to my understanding dish network offers voom channels but you have to subscribe to dish network to get them..

Thank you for your advice.:hatsoff:

THey are only good as an Off Air HD tuner for local channels. If you have an HD TV with no tuner these can be a cheap soulution to get HD locals.

I use one for my older Mitsubishi HD Tv. It works great. Can buy them cheap around $40.00

Have 2

I have 2 of the units that were left over when Voom sold out to Dish. They work OK for OTA for my DVD burner and 2nd TV. As far as I know that is the only real use for them. I would think that the mod for the unit to pick up 61.5 wouldn't be worth the time and effort. But it would be interesting to know what mod it takes.

can a dish silver 6.0 uhf remote operate one of these motorola voom boxes? There are a ton of them on ebay for like $10 but with no remotes. I'd like to use the Aux button as this tv that i want to hook up is working off the rf modulated output combined with OTA. I have to use the dish remote for the UHF.

Also how are the OTA tuners in these things. The dish tuner on my 622 has some troubles with one of my channels but my other tv tunes it fine.

thanks

If it was never activated it is a boat anchor, many have been sold as new in box. They are about 2 generations back in tuners I wouldn't pay over $50.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)