Voom Sat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

teknic

Original poster
May 19, 2004
PHX, AZ
will it work with D*? if i point it in the right direction and get a D* reciever?
or will i need a D* sat as well?
i am trying to minimize cost, and just getting a hd reciever off of ebayh.

People have posted here that round 18" DISH dishes have been used for DirecTV service by some people. Give it a shot. If it doesn't work, then you'll just have to get another dish. It can't hurt to try.

The VOOM dish can be used to receive the DIRECTV 101 satellite, which gets all of DIRECTV core SD programming. To get HD programming you would need the 18x20 Phase III triple LNB dish system.

Anyone who wants to activate new DIRECTV service and has never had DIRECTV before can have a free 18x20 dish, up to 3 additional basic receivers and either free professional installation or a self install cash rebate from my company.

SatelliteGuys members who are setting up a new DIRECTV account with our company get an additional 10% discount on DIRECTV's new H10, HD set top box or the HR10-250 for $849.99, plus a $50. rebate.

-Robert

Voom Dish

Yes just like Robert explained .The voom dish is capable of all basic DTV programming or for use as a 72.5 locals dish.
Another use could be as a tail gaters hook-up or for camping,take a receiver along and you have it all.

If you are looking to buy i would also suggest you call Robert and see what he can do for you. Good Company ,good people and they always treat you right.

I had a hard time pointing the Voom dish when it got 1st installed. Finally got it working on a pole. I know I cannot get Dish because of the trees. Where can I look to get the DirectTV pointing angles for both SD and HD. I may be screwed alltoghether.

vader said:
I had a hard time pointing the Voom dish when it got 1st installed. Finally got it working on a pole. I know I cannot get Dish because of the trees. Where can I look to get the DirectTV pointing angles for both SD and HD. I may be screwed alltoghether.
Your SOL the directv 119 and 110 are the same locations as DISH Network uses for their broadcasting and that is currently where most of their HDTV broadcasts are. :( :( :(

dish 500

Hi
just moved to direct tv
can i use a Dish 500 sat dish that points to 110 & 119 for
direct tv 110 & 119 sat on our RV
what channels are on 110 & 119 satellite
thanks
bob

BTW, DTV is currently offering $200 off HD equip (With credit approval) of former VOOM customers.

At least I think that's what I remember.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)