Voom says it is going to "upgrade my OTA antenna". What should I expect?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

bnl107

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Jun 29, 2004
Allentown, PA
After not receiving an OTA with my original install, Voom sent a different installer out to set one up for me today. He installed the Winegard Sensar II model, but after doing the local channel scan I am only able to receive two stations (Set-up menu shows OTA signal strength at 97). Both stations are independent broadcasters about 5.5 miles from my house; neither have major network affiliations (or any good programming for that matter). I live about 45 miles north of Philadelphia where all of my important local channels broadcast from (ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox, etc.), so Voom said they are going to send another installer out next week with an upgraded OTA antenna. What should I expect? I'm hoping this isn't some huge ugly metal directional antenna they are going to mount high abover my roof. Is there anything I should know to request or look for? Has anyone else had this "upgrade"? Did it work better? Do I have any other options I should be aware of?

And, for those of you in the PA, NJ area: Does anyone from my area (Lehigh Valley, PA), or Philly for that matter, get any of these local network stations I mentioned (antennaweb doesn't seem to list any of them, but yet Voom rep says I should get them and they are listed in the program listings)? Thanks in advance

In the Voom in Your Area forum, there is a thread about upgrading OTA antennas. Basically, they take away the one that doesn't work, and replace it with something bigger/better. In my case, they replaced a StealthTenna with a Winegard PR8800. The Winegard is an 8 bay antenna that looks like a big fly swatter, and it is mounted on a mast and is projected above the roofline of the house.

I get all the OTA I'm supposed to, and really don't think it looks too bad. I probably shouldn't say this, but I'm not too concerned about what other people say about how the antenna looks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts