Voom Settlement?

They showed Spain's Premier League football, yes ?

Yes they did. La Liga. The HD quality was stunning. So much better than what we see on Fox Soccer or ESPN.

The only other thing I remember them showing was Canadian Football, they may also have had rugby, but I never watched much else than La Liga.

I also remember watching some UltraHD when they had some of those really hot models doing those runway shows!!!! :hungry:

At the advent of HD, those who spent thousands of dollars, and were starving for ANYTHING to watch on their new INVESTMENTS, Voom was great. But looking back, other than RAVE, it was pretty lame, content-wise. So, no real loss by today's standards. IOW, nothing to be "oh remember when" -ing about

Trying to make sense of that, but failing miserably.:confused:

VOOM was an independent provider. They later were "assimilated." I gather gp did not realize they were on Dish until they were gone.

Fearnet? Monsters? Meh. Not of great interest to me. But I suspect they would be a GREAT addition to the lineup provided by Dish. Granted, only Fearnet is in the competition.

Trying to make sense of that, but failing miserably.:confused:
i did not find out dish had the voom channels until late 2010. when i signed up for dish in 08 i had standard def receivers and so i couldn't see the hd channels. when i was researching the internet in 2010 about hd channels i found out about voom. i was researching to see what hd offerings there were and i upgraded jan 2011 to hd equipment. and a few months later i found satelliteguys.

VOOM was an independent provider. They later were "assimilated." I gather gp did not realize they were on Dish until they were gone.

Fearnet? Monsters? Meh. Not of great interest to me. But I suspect they would be a GREAT addition to the lineup provided by Dish. Granted, only Fearnet is in the competition.
correct, i did not know they were on dish until they were gone. i know i mention FEARnet alot. but, i am just trying to get the word out about the channel. if/when dish adds it i will still be a participant here. i have learned alot here and its great to chat with you all!

I had Voom before Dish in fact still have 2 of the receivers that will do OTA. They were going to put out a DVR or enable the receivers to have a HDD attached but went out of biz before that happened. Then E bought the sat and assimilated the channels for a while. I watched Rave the most, HDNEWS some and occasionally other things on the other channels.

I had Voom before Dish in fact still have 2 of the receivers that will do OTA. They were going to put out a DVR or enable the receivers to have a HDD attached but went out of biz before that happened. Then E bought the sat and assimilated the channels for a while. I watched Rave the most, HDNEWS some and occasionally other things on the other channels.

No Question dish is the ''Borg''
Voom was assimilated!

Resistance is futile.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)