VOOM "Shutdown" schedule anyone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Tvlman

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 29, 2004
Surf City.CA
Does anyone know what time will VOOM actually be shut down on the 30th? Midnight eastern or 6am or what? Don't want to be in the middle of a program and have it go black.

I haven't heard anything but I got quite the scare this morning.

I fired up the TV / STB and got a black screen in the preview pane. The shutdown message was there.... the guide was there... just no TV.

I tried a couple different channels via the guide.... nothing.

I checked and the sat signal was at 96... no problem there.

Just then I remebered a bug that I haven't seen in a LONG time... so I hit watch and did a channel up, channel down and got picture.

Grrrr - firmware bug nearly gave me a heart attack this morning - lol.

Tvlman said:
Does anyone know what time will VOOM actually be shut down on the 30th? Midnight eastern or 6am or what? Don't want to be in the middle of a program and have it go black.

12:01 am on April 30th is what I know.

Scott Greczkowski said:
12:01 am on April 30th is what I know.

Do you mean 12:01 am on May 1st?

If you mean 12:01 am on April 30th, then the 29th would actually be our last Voom experience?

Well I'll setup my Tivo at that time to one of the Voom 21 channels. Who knows...it may be a piece of video for posterity...sell it on EBay!!!
:D :river :mad:

wow, 1 less day. I think everyone though they'd still see something on april 20th. I wonder why they cut out 1 day before the month ends.

so midnight next friday is it?

Ok, I think I understand fully......

When it's 11:59PM on April 29th, only two minutes later is when they are saying the shutdown is supposed to be which is 12:01AM or 00:01 by international time standards or military time on April 30th. What time zone will it be in? I don't know and I don't think anybody else on here knows either.

Well it's not really one day ahead of time. They're still shutting down on April 30th. They never said if it was first thing April 30th or last thing. I turns out to be the first thing.

12:01 am on April 30th IS April 30th. ;)

As far as I am told it is Eastern Time.

I should note that as of the other day there still was not an established shutdown procedure in place.

lilyarbie said:
When it's 11:59PM on April 29th, only two minutes later is when they are saying the shutdown is supposed to be which is 12:01AM or 00:01 by international time standards or military time on April 30th. What time zone will it be in? I don't know and I don't think anybody else on here knows either.
No, Scott wrote 12:01 AM on 2/29/05 (that's 2 minutes after 11:59 PM on 4/28/05) Right?

Just saw Scotts clarification...12:01 4/30/05
Well, it is the date they said, just right at the beginning of it!

He meant April 29th is the last full day of voom, 1 minute into april 30th is when they'll shut down.

However, the VOOM onscreen notice states that we will not be billed beyond April 30 which makes it appear that we will have service through the 30th.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts