VOOM STB Version 00.05.5C: Features/Bugs/Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
lockup and weirdness...

1) I'm getting a few UI lockup where the unit need to be power cycled.
2) Erronous info. No signal, yet show 100 signal strenght
3) Weird behaviour where the wrong channel are selected

This sofwtare flackyness is Motorola faults?

Stephan

I'm under the impression that I'm missing some channels on the Movies, News and Sports category listing after the upgrade. Is there any list somewhare of what channels should be under each category? or can somebody post them.

Any News on a Fix?

Any news from Voom on a fix for known bugs in the new software.....last I read was that it was suppose to by maybe by today (WED.)........will Voom notify customers in any way when things are supposed to be fixed?

Or will we know when we quit seeing things screw up....lockup.....blackout....grey screens....etc. etc.?

I'm afraid to use that VOOM button anymore! :yikes

DVI Dropout fix testing

Just saw over on the yahoo VOOM forum Wilt said employee testing of software fix looks good so I would guess we'll have our DVI back soon ;)

I never had a lock up but my pet peeve is inconsistent sound.

On DiscoveryHD sometimes the sound suddenly starts blasting to high, then later goes back to the setting I had. Or I'll surf channels and some are turned down to low. So I turn it up, then flip to another channel and its blasting.

They need to set all sound levels to the same db.

HD Junkie said:
Just saw over on the yahoo VOOM forum Wilt said employee testing of software fix looks good so I would guess we'll have our DVI back soon ;)
This will certainly be a welcome blessing.
I hope this happens soon.

channel blackouts

I just got installed this past Monday, 3/29.

In addition to the box locking up as other have described, I lost reception of several channels. Last night, I began having reception problems on 261 and 262. I thought it might be the light rain we were getting, but reception was ok on other satellite channels. Today, when I try to tune in one of these, I get a message: "No signal received on satellite channel xx. Please try again later." The affected channels are:

204 HBOW
206 HBO2W
226 MMAXW
229 AT-MAX
261 StrzHC
262 StrzHDP

Customer service did a new "hit" of my box to see if that fixed it. I waited an hour for everything to reload, and found it did not help. Then I called back.
They says that they are going through software updates, and that certain customers have been having problems with channels. It is a known problem, but they will "escalate it" -- whatever that means. I should wait a few days and it will be cleared up. He also confirmed that they are working on fixes for the box lockup.

I asked whether I needed to leave the box on to receive software updates, and they said yes, its a good idea to leave it turned on. So thats what I will do -- I figure it doesn't draw much power, and what the heck, it can't hurt.

Voom experience overall: I'm pretty pleased with the number of channels available for the price, and with the reception quality -- when everything works. I know that sounds a little like "other than that, Mrs. Lincoln, how did you enjoy the play?" But seriously, once Voom fixes these technical glitches, I think I will be a pretty happy customer, especially if they add a few more channels to the lineup.

Walter L. said:
I'm under the impression that I'm missing some channels on the Movies, News and Sports category listing after the upgrade. Is there any list somewhare of what channels should be under each category? or can somebody post them.
Here's a listing.

Attachments

• VOOM Word97.doc
    203.5 KB · Views: 163
Channel mapping problems FIXED!!!

The problems I was having with channels not showing up (StarzHD, etc) has been fixed!! The probelm was that my stealth antenna was mounted on the same pole that the dish was on. This caused problems with those channels. Once the antenna was moved to it's own pole... everything is now coming in as it should be! Call VOOM and have them schedule someone to come and take a look at your setup...

Dave

Guide

Does anyone know how to make the guide fullscreen instead of the preview window in the top right corner? It's a little hard to read sometimes.

Walter L. said:
Categories are for individual programs, not for channels. For example, if HBO is showing a documentary, it will not be listed under Movies. Or if StarzHD is showing a program that is not marked as HD in the guide, such program will not be listed under "All HD".

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts