VOOM STB Version 00.05.68: Features/Bugs/Requests

Status
Not open for further replies.
txcruiser said:
After inputing my PIN , the channel remains unlocked no matter how many times I leave the channel and come back.
The only way I can get the channel to become locked again (and prompt for the PIN) is to turn off the STB and turn it on again. Is anyone else experiencing this undesirable behavior?
Yes, that's how it currently works. But why do you consider this undesirable? In the previous version it would lock the channel again the moment you switched to another one. This was really inconvenient. If you are watching TV at night when the kids are in bed, you don't want to be entering pins every time you switch to a channel. I think the way it works now, is fine. You unlock the channels you want to watch (you can unlock several of them if you need) and then you can lock them all again with one single button click: "Off". A time-out locking (after say 4 or 6 hours) would be helpful too, but it is not a necessity, since most people turn off the STB at night anyway.

Ilya,

Thanks for the confirmation.

If one of the Cinema 10 channels could really be family-oriented, then I could leave the parental lock off for that channel and it wouldn't be such a problem for me. As it is now, I have to unlock a channel, watch the movie, and turn off the stb and back on. The Cinema 10 channels seem to scatter their family oriented programming throughout.

Good suggestion! VOOM is re-structuring the Cinema10 channels. May be they can indeed make one of them a family channel...

You know of course that you can set a lock by rating, but then again there is a problem with movies that are not rated (NR)...

Regarding loss of sound when changing channels, I've noticed a pattern: It seems I lose sound when changing channels from the Surf Bar, not from the EPG or direct keying of the channel number.

Any one else have the same results?

DarrellP said:
Regarding loss of sound when changing channels, I've noticed a pattern: It seems I lose sound when changing channels from the Surf Bar, not from the EPG or direct keying of the channel number.
Any one else have the same results?
I don't remember if it ever happened through the EPG (I don't use it too often), but I do remember loosing sound and/or picture when keying the channel number and when using the BACK button too...

*Using channel up/down should always skip channels that you don't subscribe to -- it should not give the user a black screen, as it does now.

*Add at least two more favorites lists; pressing favorites button while guide is up would cycle between them.

*Add option to hide channels that you don't subscribe to.

These are a major aggrevation IMO... not that the others are not important too but I hate having to flip thru channels I don't subscribe to and channels not in my favorite list.

I am not homophobic but I do not see that Gay& Lesbian is a movie genre. I also do not want to be watching Rush with my boy to have an ad run promoting the G&L channel. This is not family friendly if you ask me and is more a political statement.Why isn't there a spanish or womans or asian or african american channel or for that matter a white european male channel which is the smallest subset of all populations on the globe? Nope dont want sexual preferences as a justification for a channel on my TV. And I like musicals myself have been in some productions at the playhouse.

easysport, I respect your opinion, but what does this have to do with the topic of this thread (STB bugs and features)? Please post your suggestions about VOOM channels in the VOOM Programming Forum.

vurbano said:
And a previous channel feature in the programming would be cool for those of us buying improved remotes.

The "BACK+" button acts as a previous channel button.

Is there anyway to get the receiver to start on the last channel you were tuned to or even on channel 100 intead of always bringing up the Menu when powering on?

In System Settings select "Screen Saver, Menu Display" menu option. Set "Power On Display" parameter to "Full TV" instead of "Menu".

Is anyone still having frequent audio dropouts? I have the new software, but am still experiencing drops. On some channels it will drop out as much as three to four times a minute.

wring,

What does the point-dish screen indicate as your signal strength? Frequent audio dropouts are often associated with a poorly aligned dish.

How does one know if they have STB software version 5.68? I can't seem to find it in the menu options. :confused:

On your remote use the "Voom" button, then the green button, go to the sytem settings menu, then the the "OK" button.

It's in menu #7 (system status-software), page 2.

Attachments

• target_status.jpg
    target_status.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 140
Thanks deeann, I found it. OTA signal seem weak. What range should I look for?? I dumped the Winnguard? and put up a Terk TV32 on the chimney of my single store house, but I have many tall trees in every direction. Might have to go to a Terk TV36. Most OTA signals are only about 6 or 7 miles away. Any ideas?

Had VOOM for about 2 weeks trying to get the kinks out before my new HDTV comes in the next few days. (BG)

If you're less than 10 miles from the towers the winegard sensar will actually work just fine. The problem with trees can be overcome by installing a taller mast, usually anyway. Try calling voom and see if they'll enter a service call for an installer to put a 10 or 20 foot pole for the antenna so it can get above the interference of the trees.

Thanks for the reply. I thought I might extend the mast 5 or10 feet. Can't get over the trees very well as they are 80 to 85 feet tall. (G)

I'm not sure if this has been discussed but it would be nice if the guide could go back 0:30. It's frustrating when you catch the end of program but can't tell what it is because the guide is telling what's on next and you can't go back to check.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts