Voom sub $400 mark - when ?

hd_SDI_1080i

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Feb 9, 2004
I’m curious if anyone knows when the $399.00 offer will be extended to those who live outside of the 10 states. I really can’t see spending $800 dollars on a non-PVR system, especially one that seems to have so many problems with it.

I would even do a 12 month subscription (like I did with DISH) to get a discount on the install and gear.

thanks.

At this point, there is no specific date that I know of. But I read that these are not the only promotions that will be available. There will be more coming. If I were you, I will sit tight until this promotion is extended to other states or other promotions are implemented. I will advise you to go to the voom website and send an e-mail to customer service that you would like to be contacted about any new promotions. This way you will be in their mailing system.

I know to pay $800 for the system right now it's kind of ridiculous at this point. There is another promotion regarding the purchase of a HDTV in February but I would think that it does not apply to you either since you probably own a HDTV now.

Well, those are my thoughts. Every potential subscriber should let VOOM know that $800 initiation fee is kind of ridiculous at this point since they have introduced the two new promotions. Send them an email, they are listening.

P.S. Welcome to the forum. I did not notice that it was you first post.

more about me......

Hi Sean,

yes sorry - I am a new member around these parts. I’m very interested in HD as I produce work in this format on a regular basis and I would love to actually see what I’ve done in my own living room.

Some boring details:

My professional bias is towards Sony HDCAM not the Panasonic’s 720 Varicam format. I’m also keeping my eye on the low-end HDV indie market (JVC GRHD1 and IEEE DVHS) as I think we will be seeing lots of new content bubbling up from independents.

Our HD setup is based on a Sony HDW2000i transport using BlackMagic's Decklink HD card, a dual Apple G5, FinalCutpro and a 2.5 terabyte SCSI array. I’m looking forward to upgrading our SD Avid Adrenaline system, as I’m not a huge fan of FCP.

thanks.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts