VOOM Subscribers By Region

DarrellP said:
I think you should have broken out West into 2 Regions: West and NorthWest.
As an Okie living in Texas, I have 2 things to say. First, Oklahoma is not in the SW. Second, Texas is Texas. The folks here consider the state a region unto itself.

1080iBeVuMin said:
Yep! You must be up around the "Republic of Jefferson"? Is that what they call it?

People from "back east" (that means east of Las Vegas) think of California and think palm trees and the Hollywood sign. Hey easterners, the palm trees stop less than half way up the state!

(Sorry for the OT.)

Duh, California, where's that?

Northern California guy, take a look the map. Northern California actually begins with Novato so "Hello fellow Southern Californians in San Francisco!"

Nice Try. Anything North of Santa Barbara ans South of San Fran is called CENTRAL CALIFORNIA. Still probably accounts for somehwere in the top 20 GDP's of the world...

As a Newbie from the UK, can someone please explain to me why Californians (and others ) say Las Vegas like "Los Vegas"??? This has mystified me for years!!!
Thanks guys...
God Bless America!! :usa :heart
:confused:

borderers said:
As a Newbie from the UK, can someone please explain to me why Californians (and others ) say Las Vegas like "Los Vegas"??? This has mystified me for years!!!
Thanks guys...
God Bless America!! :usa :heart
:confused:
Welcome to the Voom forum! Voom is available in the UK now?? My wife has uncles living in Chelmsford and Bedford. We should start recommending Voom to them.

I think we Californians are just lazy about saying "Las Vegas" and "Los Angeles" the same way. "Los" should properly rhyme with "dose". "Las" should sound closer to "toss" or "boss". Do you agree?

Must be a new Kal I For Nia thing. I grew up there and always pronounced it as loss.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts